Elizabeth McFarland child abuse lawsuit on the news

by cedars 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Hi folks

I'm aware that there is already a thread on the newly-announced Elizabeth McFarland lawsuit, but I thought I would start a new thread for the benefit of lurkers showing the newly released news videos more prominently.

Here they are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhrHRvM2c4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgm1gUnZ2c

I have also published an article on the lawsuit on this link: http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-siege-watchtower-hit-with-fresh-child-abuse-lawsuit

And here are links to relevant documents/web pages...

I know when news of the Candace Conti victory broke last year, we were quick to give Candace our messages of support for her bravery in coming foward. I am sure Elizabeth will be checking this forum and will be heartened if we can show her similar appreciation for her courage in pursuing Watchtower for the harm done to her for the benefit of Witness children everywhere, and not just her.

Cedars

• flipper
    flipper

More power and support to this brave young lady and her attorney. By taking on this monster organization called the WT Society hopefully it will give other child abuse victims to come forward as well against this criminal organization

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Elizabeth and all other survivors, you are awsome and keep going forward in your lives and stick it to those resposible for coverups.

• flipper
    flipper

As McFarlands attorney and so many others have stated- the policies are so lax and erroneous within the WT Society in treating child abuse as only a " sin " and not treating it like the felony crime against the law that it is. WT Society has nobody else to blame but themselves for their idiotic rules and regulations they put forth and for what reason ? Just to save face and protect any financial liability. They do not care about victims of child abuse among them. It's disgusting. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Thanks Cedars, I knew you'd come up with the goods. Great overview on your blog too.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

It's incredible how the WT can easily say:

"Elders are appointed by holy spirit"

But when an elder is caught committing atrocities, they're quick to say that

"evil people have snuck into our organization"...

So which is it ??? Did they "sneek in" or were they appointed by holy spirit?

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Thanks for sharing, best wishes to Elizabeth and the long battle ahead.

• clarity
    clarity

Awesome that you are standing up Elizabeth...

not only for yourself, but the thousands out there who have been

or will be abused!

>

Watchtower org treats this crime as just a moral issue!

IT IS A CRIME.

>

When a known child sexual abuser is allowed to "fellowship" in a

congregation with innocent children and uninformed parents .....the

abuse continues!

>

Oh I am sure all the elders know all about these filthy peodophiles,

and are very careful with their own children ... but keep silent about

this damning information!

>

The Elders do not report child abuses in their kingdom halls because

they do not want to look BAD ...... and they hide it as ordered from headquarters!!!

>

And so Elizabeth McFarland you are making history here, by

your stand ...... like our friend Candace Conti, you have guts.

I so admire guts!

>

We are all applauding & cheering you on. May anyone who has

been sexually abused by a religious cult stop carrying around these

horrid memories, bad feelings & shame that really belongs to the scum

who tore your innocence & trust away!

>

With you in thought and very good luck.

clarity

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

To Elizabeth and any other victims of any and all abuse perpetrated and allowed by the WTBTS's hopelessly wrong-headed rules:

I hope you can find ways to heal from the wrongs committed against you. But also know that your persistence in holding not only the individuals that actually committed the crimes accountable for their actions, but your courage is admirable in shining a very bright light on the self-preserving criminal policies of the WTBTS and the blindly obedient complicity of local elders.

Please know that your actions inspire other victims to both know they are not alone and they can and should come forward to renounce these great atrocities. There is strength in numbers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit