First post

by EastCoastMindFree 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

East Coast,

I feel you man. I got a 3 year old and 7 year old and just completed "child custody." Bro you got your wife and your kids. Be a man. Step up and just flat out be a man.

Stay strong brother. You can do it.

• stillin
    stillin

As an east coaster you may also be southern, so let me greet your first-time-post with a big "moooo!" (Not many will have a clue)

hang in there. Be strong.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Good on you for having the honesty to say what you really think. Of course, as a JW, such honesty is unwelcome.

The years spent in the hamster wheel as JW, doing someone else's bidding at great personal cost...those are lost years. A sunk cost. There is no getting it back.

But you can make something out of it and profit from the experience, if you are open to the possibility.

Get as far away from the cult as circumstances will allow. Raise your children, and be happy. Let the experience as a JW impart a sense of value for free-thinking, rationality, and honesty in your life. Because I've seen life minus those things, and frankly, it sucks.

This 'virus' that has ruined my family for a few generations...it ends with me. It goes no further. Because I decided it to be so. I love my kids too much.

You can make the same decision for yours. Love them enough to protect them from the naked awfulness of a JW childhood.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

You have some hard decisions to make. Don't do anything rash. Read many posts here, and set some goals. If you never completed your education, make that a goal. Yes, even if you have small children and family responsibilities. Use the time that you would have been sitting in a KHall absorbing nothing but constantly changing "new light" and do something that will benefit you and your family.Also, go out and have fun with your family-parks, camping, etc.with some fresh air.

Expect to feel many emotions, such as anger, sadness, frustration, and bewilderment. Give it time. It gets better...lots better.

"Better to have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit