Ties at the Kingdom Hall

by CloseTheDoor 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its usually an insecure, ignorant elder with a highway patrol officer attitude. Its also generally in small rural halls. Elder pharisees. I remember catching crap when I was younger for baggy suits that were colorful aka zoot suits (it was the 90's!!). now its everything is too skinny, oy vey. @$$holes...

My last two halls I have known actually some amazing elders, they really change the norm, but they are such a small minority they exist no where else in america I am sure. They are older, successful, confident, and genuinely love being positive and helpful. They don't police and are actually very reasonable. I know it sounds crazy but for being stuck in I have hit the elder lottery twice. A handful of good people I would even call my friends and dear to me.

That being said again they are the minority and almost rebels in the org.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    What a fool that elder is. How about commending the young guy for just being there and supporting the meeting ? Elders like that are basically just bullies looking for an excuse to pounce, I've met a few. Kid should start working out. Sad to say but size, strength and frame gets respect.
  • CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Thanks for the comments everyone. The elder, for sure, was wrong to say what he did. It is a just a tie. He should be happy the young man wore it to begin with.

OneEyedJoe, I'm dying laughing over your comment, re: phallus.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Lucky the young man is present.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    I have seen a bunch of elders gang up on one cool elder , because he wasnt being strict , and mean..its crazy..so glad im awake.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

So rebellious! Like these four:

or These Hippies!

• LV101
    LV101

People hear the name Jehovah's Witnesses and cringe - I wonder why. What a bunch of losers - I realize there are wonderful people inside, of course.

The gal I studied with (one of a few tyrants) commented my nails were too long (they weren't! - an ex Bethelite who was the most materialistic driven gal I've ever met - but dressed/looked like a country punkin) so I had my manicurist trim them down to nothing/short - thought about it and made another appt. following day before the nxt meeting and had extensions/tips - whatever, they were fake - applied to make them longer. Then decided to try a rocker haircut - think the singer 'Pink' (I think she wore her hair that way) and had so many complements - believe me, it wasn't their norm and lots of glares! Those mean sisters who glared/stared the hardest would eventually reveal how they loved my hair and would give anything to be able to wear theirs like it - would go to my hairdresser but their hair was too thin or too kinky/curly, something and no way could they even try it. When I heard one needed a 4 door car I made sure I traded my 2 seater SELs for more of the same. I was so sick and tired of those losers telling me where I should shop, (to be like everyone else) live, eat, etc., I decided I would never/ever fit in (nor had any desire to) and would be myself regardless.

What a jerk that loser is.

• stillin
    stillin

i passed a display of those brightly colored socks the other day is a department store. I am sorely tempted! My dress pants just about reach my heel so only a few would know, until THEY talked about it!

Still...I am tempted. It would just be so obvious of me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep!!!

I started to wear more fashionable shirts with plain colour ties, and was approached and told:

"You seem to be making some kind of statement!?"

That was before I even knew TTATT! It sure helped me to wake up though to the fact that the org is a cult like group with high control and conformity issues!

By the way, the shirts were normal dept store style! Nothing more...just with a slight bit of colour or pattern, and NOT plain white!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

This kind of story enrages me. It's that freaking man's freaking opinion and nothing more. Nowhere is it based in scripture. They use "stumbling block" as an umbrella term to excuse their nitpicking.

With all extra the "don't," "avoid," "you can't" "that's frowned upon" and "would a faithful christian do that?" rules in The Church of No, you'd think more people would wake up faster. They're already imprisoned by "rules, guidelines and principles" enough, yet some of the Pharisees want to pile on more just to satisfy their sociopathy & megalomania.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit