Ties at the Kingdom Hall

by CloseTheDoor 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Couple of weeks ago an elder took a young man aside and crawled all over him after the TMS for wearing a "skinny" tie. It was one of those 2 inch wide ties. Nothing bright or scandalous about. Most of the men in my congregation are older and thus wear the 3" traditional ties, maybe a little wider.

I'm wondering if anyone here heard of someone getting in trouble for wearing a "skinny" tie? Or if you've had experiences with that.

Years ago a long time brother got in trouble for wearing a double breasted suit coat. He was scolded from the platform by the school servant.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    More reasons to drop the cult, altogether.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    God forbid the pagan phallus on your neck be too small.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    sometimes i wish i was still in, and put in a situation like that. Would love to be able to put an elder in his place.
  • FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

20 years ago, skinny ties were in and causing "ripples" then too. I know a friend that opted to wear one of his dads "fat" ties and got in trouble cause it looked like he was trying to make a statement by doing what was NOT in style. Seriously.

I also had friends that got in trouble for wearing nail polishes in a color other than red.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Oh yeah, ties too skinny, ties too fat; hair too long, hair too short.

Skirts too long, skirts too short, no slits, no cleavage, no bare shoulders.

Now, of course, no form fit Euro suits for men, as Tony thinks that homosexual clothing designers sit up nights scheming ways to get men into tight pants.

In the last 10 years I went, I gradually understood that if young people were there, it made no sense at all to critique clothes or hair styles.

But, of course, they have no common sense.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I notice that elders usually only bully like this when it's someone that is easily buffaloed.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    My friend (who was pioneering at the time), got badgered for her hair being 'too big.'
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That Eldub needs to be told to STFU.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Controllers gotta control.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit