Jehovah's Witness Mother Ends Relationship With Atheist Son

by Bangalore 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Another tragic--and needlessly ironic--point is the mother's comment:

"I must live by the commands and statutes laid down in the Bible by Jehovah himself. One of these commands has been the cause of great stress and grief to me …" - [Emphasis added]

Duh!

Pain is nature's way of telling you something is wrong!!!

Shunning a loved one is painful because it is wrong. And yet JWs obediently inflict this unnecessary pain upon themselves and others because they have been convinced by the WT leadership that everything they publish must be followed without question.

I wish there was a way to make the heartless bastards that devised and enforce these harsh, unloving rules feel the pain they have needlessly inflicted on thousands of good people.

• rip van winkle
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It gives clear evidence of the insidious power of the manipulative, mind-control methods used by the leaders of this highly destructive cult. Twice in the letter the mother writes that she is not being influenced or coerced by anyone else. Bullshit!

Where did the idea to cut off her son come from? She didn't decide upon this course in isolation. It is a direct result of the mentally manipulative propaganda published by the WTBTS.

She is being controlled and is completely unaware of it.

This is so sad.

I don't think I could say it any better!

The mind-control is so obvious.

She sounds like an elderly person already, but when she becomes infirm and really needs assistance, the same people who did not influence her to shun her son WILL influence her to seek him out for assistance. They sure as hell don't want to do it (unless she has lottsa MONEY!)

Doc

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

This is so sad, I'm sorry this is happening.

"I must emphasise that what I am about to say to you is not
    influenced by any other living person."

I have to call bullshit on that part as I know there's 8 dudes in Brooklyn that had a lot to do with it. This reminds me a lot of:

(2

Timothy 3:3) having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,

It's crazy how the JW's always use this text to reference the outside world as proof of the last days but are incapable of seeing how they have no affection for those they're supposed to love most. All because of fear, fear of destruction, of not pleasing God, of not following every ridiculous rule the WT has set out for our planned lives. I never thought about it before but now I realize how petty religion makes God seem- like some kid who doesn't get what he wants so he throws fits until someone responds to the tantrum. The Jehovah I believed in was reasonable, loving, and understanding- not a closed ear being only open to his points of view.

I remember listening to this Les Brown speech where he said something like, "fear is the most subtle and destructive of all human diseases." He was so right...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

"I must live by the commands and statutes laid down in the Bible by Jehovah himself. One of these commands has been the cause of great stress and grief to me …" - [Emphasis added]

Like what? The command to love others as you love yourself? No not that one. The command to take care fo your family? Nope. How about the example of Jesus reaching out to "sinners" instead fo shunning them? Couldn't be.

So what very clear command and statute from Jehovah is she following by telling her son she will no longer be a mother to him?

Part of what did me in with this religion, was the shocked look on my extended relatives faces, when I told them I didn't agree with everything, but couldn't dspeak about it without being shunned. They said good.....who needs them? I said well i don't want my mother and sisters to have to make that choice. Their eyes got as wide as they could.....and they were shocked. They were disgusted and appauled.

I remember looking at them and thinging, "oh yeah! It is shocking and appauling to think this is a viable way to act! I would never do this to my child, and God never has asked me too. What the hell am I doing?"

It was an "ah ha" moment.

• Emery
    Emery

Sounds like a pretty self-centered mother. All I read is, "I want everlasting life and you're in the way of that, goodbye."

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

That letter makes my blood boil.

Anger at the de-humanising effects of this cult. It is a cancerous and pernicious disease, able to destroy the strongest of familial bonds - that of mother and child.

I am angry at this stupid woman for allowing this cult to rule her life and her mind so completely. And at her naked selfishness. Nothing is going to stop her getting everlasting life, not even her own son.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I feel sorry for this woman . She is a victim, not the instigator of this.

Of course she is being co erced. Perhaps not personally but through the pages of the magazines, the talks at Conventions - everything that she lives by . She will miss out more than the son will - and for nothing !

(NB if nothing else, what are the odds that he will hear something when she is old, infirm and needs support ? I guess the dubs would then say what a jerk he was if he failed to step up!)

• I quit!
    I quit!

Recently I had a cousin tell me that when her grandmother was dying she felt awful about how she treated her son by shunning him. She wanted to see him before she died but sadly it never happened. Jdubs really mess things up for themselves by listening to those old farts in Brooklyn.

BTW she (my cousin) is being shunned by both her parents.

• cofty
    cofty

Pathetic.

I have zero sympathy for the mother's situation. She is making her choice and her tears and anguish are bullshit.

Do NOT "understand" your JW relative's choices to shun you. Judge them for their disgusting behaviour and tell them it is unacceptable and inhuman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit