Rumor: April 3, 2015 start of Great Tribulation?

by Londo111 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

If the Society were to set another date, I would not think it would be one so close to the present. I figured they would at least give themselves the better part of a decade like they did with the 1975 fiasco.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I thought yangmask said something would happen to the WBT$ yesterday

Today overlaps with yesterday so there's still hope.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Crap ... 3 April 2015 falls on a Friday.

So you get to work all week and then Armageddon comes. Why can't it be scheduled the following Monday so we can enjoy the weekend and not have to worry about getting up for work on Monday morning.

Rub a Dub

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I'm guessing that the GB will eventually announce in a not-so-distant future Annual Meeting that the GT has already begun, but INVISIBLY, so only JWs realize it (just like JWs were the only ones to recognize Christ's invisible return in 1914, even though the earthly signs (WWI) were there for everyone to see). Imagine the surge of activity and flood of inactive TM ones that would come back (similar to post 9/11)....for about 18 months.

The convenient thing (for the GB) about the GT is that there's no definite length to it, so this invisible version can drag on for as long as needed!

• Glander
    Glander

Just enough time to get the houses listed and quit their jobs with a dramatic announcement to co-workers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We will find out for sure on April 4, 2015. Seems that when these dates come and go, and nothing happens, that is the best embarrassment--similar to what OBVES felt on January 1, 2012 and what that scumbag thought when May 22 and then October 22, 2011 came. To me, this is just another "The end is coming in 1874" written in 1872.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the rumor has any validity to it, perhaps it’s just private speculation in clichés surrounding certain personalities in Bethel. I was too lazy last night with this hokum to be bothered with checking astronomy software…not sure I’d know what to look for. And I’d have to figure out when Nissan 14, 33 CE was as well.

If they indeed some are looking at skymaps to inform their speculation, then they would be resorting to astrology.

• sir82
    sir82

Just curious - is that around the date of the Memorial for 2015? Or have they not announced that date yet?

It's about 40 years after the putative "creation of Adam" - maybe that has something to do with it? They think Eve was created 40 years after Adam?

Or, more likely, it's some wack-job with a star chart, a calculator, and an old AID book with too much time on his hands.

I remember an old-timer who told me, a few years ago, about how his "hobby" was trying to figure out the date when Armageddon would come.

"How many times have you been right so far?" I asked.

Got a scowl for an answer.

• Londo111
    Londo111

As a JW, I used to speculate all the time. In 1990, I remember as a pioneer telling other pioneers in the car group, "The generation who saw 1914 won't pass away and the Bible says 'his years are 70 years OR 80!' 1914 + 90 = 1994."

Yep, from what little the poster said, it is supposed to be the Nissan 14, 2015. Of course, they don’t always calculate that right.

This is the contents of the post:

Just so you are aware, there is an ever-growing belief within the higher-ups at the WT that the GT will begin on Nisan 14 (April 3), 2015. Much of this belief is based on the 40 year pattern of God. Unfortunately, I can't go into more detail without disrespecting the person allowing me to witness the conversation. To learn more on your own, look at what is going on astronomically on that date and compare to 33 CE...also look at what has been going on for the past 40, 80, and 120 years within the history of JW's.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Londo,..

You typed,..

1914 + 90 = 1994

________

You might have meant,.

1914 + 90 = 2004

lol

NJY

Share this

Google+