Rumor: April 3, 2015 start of Great Tribulation?

by Londo111 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

On another forum, somebody mentioned that there is a growing belief with those high up in Watchtower hierarchy that the Great Tribulation will begin April 3, 2015. Evidently, one has to check the skycharts for that date and compare with 33 CE—and also compare with the history of JWs for past 40, 80, 120 years.

Don’t ask me to verify the rumor…these things come and go. I’m sure lots of people in HQ believe all sorts of things.

Has anybody else heard this rumor?

• prologos
    prologos

April 3 ? no,

April 1. (one)

and the old word is done.

again.

• Simon
    Simon

If it isn't true then we should start it as a rumour.

I'm sure plenty have had 1914 drilled into their brain for so long that they can't help getting into a frenzy at the thought of a 100+ year gap.

"It must be significant, surely?!!"

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Would that be the 101st "service year" since 1914? I wouldn't doubt these rumors flying around, they have to latch on to something to keep themselves going.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

For some reason, my BIL seems dead-set on the idea the GT will start no later than 2015. . . . . Hmmmmm. . . .

Is that a memorial date?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Let's spread it as a rumor among the Jw population. That'll wreak all sorts of havoc.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Havent heard that one, and i still keep up with some CO's and bethelites who don't know I'm inactive. But, I'm sure at least one of them would have given me a heads up if they had heard it cause he loves to gossip.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yep, it's the Memorial.

And evidently it has something to do with the belief God works in 40 year patterns.

• blondie
    blondie

Is April 3, 2015, the Memorial? Passover?

1975 + 40 = 2015

1935 + 80 = 2015

1895 (?) + 120 = 2015

1914 + 120 = 2034 (detour)

Jesus said that whatever time you think it to be, it is not.......at least that is what the bible says....jws and many other groups think they have a special link to God's thoughts.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    Is that a memorial date?

Passover begins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit