Those moments you'll never get back...

by Sammy Jenkis 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I remember being in high school hoping I would make it to see graduation sometimes even praying for it as I could feel the end was near. But I graduated leaving behind prospects for school because I knew I needed to work hard in service to prove I deserved the real life. I heard a talk at a convention that nearly guaranteed this system would be wrapping up soon and it scalded my mind with assurance that I was not sacrificing for anything.

I remember in the keynote address the speaker said we would only be back for another convention if God wanted. I guess he must really love that convention center because we came back a bunch more times and continue to use the place.

That was 5 years ago and I can't help but look back and think about how much I wasted waiting on something that didn't happen- huge let down. I remember every counselor and school offer that I turned away because I had what none of them could give me, a "guarantee."

What did you lose for your guarantee?

p.s. I'm in school now but it still kind of sucks to think that I would have been done a long time ago.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Five years later isn't bad at all. Be happy about that. Very happy.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I know it could have been way worse, thanks.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Welcome Sammy, At least you woke up before you wasted your whole life on a pipe dream.

Now no one can call you Jehovah witness stupid. Good luck with your education and enjoy your life Bro.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

All the best with your dreams, you'll be there very soon. Enjoy :)

I have missed out on 30 years of birthdays and Christmas, I'm looking forward to December to celebrate my very first birthday and Xmas at the ripe old age of 31. Other than that, I'm just very very thankful to be out now, at a relatively young age and greatful that I'll not have to subject my children to it all.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi Sammy, you young thing! Best wishes on all you want to accomplish in your life!

I would say my biggest loss was the freedom and time to live everyday life the way I wanted to. Definitely, not an option when you're pursuing full-time service during your youth.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Thanks everyone for commenting, @brainmelt enjoy the holidays @kojack57 you're right and thank you, and @ cult classic I completely understand. My best wishes to everyone

• wasblind
    wasblind

When my child was in high school , The sister who conducted my bible study

did her level best to talk me outta school activities. She even brought an elder

to my house. They had me in tears sayin' we had put these things ahead of Jehovah

But as a mother, How could I face the hurt that I would have brought in my childs life

What would be the harm in allowin' her a simple pleasure for bein' an obedient child

Why should she have to "wait " on another lifetime to be happy

The WTS steals the most precious time in a persons life. And that is thier childhood

All the children are expected to do is slave for the WTS while they " Wait on the Kingdom "

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Those moments are gone. Turn your back on it, and move forward. Make the most of life -- there is so much to learn and to enjoy

• cantleave
    cantleave

I congratulate you on your awaking at an age where you can really make something of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit