Massive flooding in Alberta, Canmore, Calgary

by Simon 85 Replies latest social current

• Glander
    Glander

Scrub out your bathtubs and fill them with tap water if it is still safe. 15 gallons is not enough for a family. What do you have for cooking fuel?

If you have to evacuate move your most valuable things to the highest point in the house.

• Simon
    Simon

We're Ok - higher up a hill so should be safe.

They are now talking about evacuation ove 100,000 people in Calgary. Whole outlying towns are being evacuated too like High River (named after the HighWood River, not as crazy as it first sounds).

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

the dc is cancelled at least friday is ...so far

• arwen
    arwen

Thinking of you Simon and your family and all others in harms way. Please stay safe!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Think About It, I suggest taking another route. Highway 1 is closed west of Calgary. There are mudslides in the rockies.

Hubby and I are in Calgary, ironically enough. We travelled through the areas, now washed out, only hours before.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thank you jgnat......I think I will just stay in Jasper and not venture down towards Bannff.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

3Dog1Husband...a JW friend on Facebook said the same. ..no DC tomorrow. She added : poor brothers and sisters, its devastating. I replied it is also devastating for everyone else...just saying. Waiting for her reaction. The JWs lack of empathy for nonbelievers really bothers me.

Edit...just got back to me saying she is concerned about them too of course...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Take care. We used to live in the Snoqualmie valley, which floods to some extent every year. Our house was on a little rise so we never got flooded, but there were times we couldn't get anywhere.

• jgnat
    jgnat

<--- Listening to the rain pounding outside.

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.

• caliber
    caliber

As average global temperatures rise, the warmer atmosphere can also hold more moisture, about 4 percent more per degree Fahrenheit temperature increase . Thus, when storms occur there is more water vapor available in the atmosphere to fall as rain, snow or hail. Worldwide, water vapor over oceans has increased by about 4 percent since 1970 according to the 2007 U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit