My response to any one who asks why I am fading

by Skinnedsheep 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I have thought a lot about what to say when I am approached. It will kill my fade, but oh well.

"After the new light I had to test my faith and I couldn't prove to myself that the Slave was limited to the Governing Body."

if cornered by an elder...."can you prove to me from the scriptures that Matt. 24:45-47 applies to the 8 members of the Governing Body?"

Don't you find it suspicious that we have been wrong about the slave for the last 100 years but are now being told by the same group of men who claim to be the slave that "sure we have been wrong in the past, but we are right now, and btw, surprise the slave is us!"

"I don't understand how we can trust 1914 as a solid date if Russell wasn't part of the slave."

How is it that Jesus appointed the slave in 1919 but didn't make them fully aware of who composed the slave class until 86 years later?

Why is the evil slave in the parable a hypothetical condition in a parable, but the faithful slave in the same scripture also a prophecy about literal group of men?

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Good responses. But they may think that is apostate thinking.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

You make some really good points especially the part about Charles Russell. You could also tell them that you're not "Fading", it's just that you're a little too "Dim" to understand the New Light. (har har)

• whathappened
    whathappened

I fear that you will give yourself undue heartache if you take this route.

The elders will question whether you really believe this is gods spirit directed organization.

I would reconsider and go with the "I'm depressed/working too hard/I am not ready to discuss it" route.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Skinned Sheep, if no one you care about will be hurt by your "apostacy," then I say let them have it with both barrels and tell them you'll call the police if they come around again.

A clean break is great if you can manage it.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I agree with whathappened

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I too agree with whathappened and ldrnomo

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I do like your "possible" response though!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's so tempting to be truthful and open withthe elders and while your response is well thought out and concise, it could land you in a jc before you can say 'watchtower brainwashing.'

• prologos
    prologos

you are trying to win an argument with the elders, go them one better, lead them into the one-way doctrine dilemma, from which they can only can come out both guns blazing, It would be a satisfying victory, but you the have then burned all the bridges behind you.

One bridge too far.

Free, but not accepted into another round for the knockout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit