The decline and fall of the Watchtower empire..........

by Terry 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Right on Terry. My wife and I remember that year. During that time period Franz was DF and the GB was growing stronger in their control. Wt. started having study articles on obeying the GB. This Big Red Flag came up in my wife and I conversations back then. We said to each other the day they replace Jesus with themselves is the day we better leave the WT. We say that happen more so in later years. I hope you are right about the fall of the WT empire in the near future. We know it is in decline. The dumbing down of the study articles is one reason. As a child in the 60's I remember all those so called deep bible propehesy articles we would study. Before we left the WT many were asking how come we don't have that anymore? At the time I could not tell them what I thought but my wife and I was already awake and making our move to leave. I think of all the money and time and sacrifice not having children or hurting their children because of the cult teaching. The sacrifice of not having good paying jobs or growing close as a family should. All these things this cult has caused. For me, all because my dad's cousin came over one day back in 1950 and gave him a WT to read. Fours years before I was born. My lifes was changed forever. Thanks Terry for this outlook on what could happen. Totally ADD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "Jehovah's Witnesses are ripe for an inside takeover... It won't be long now..."

While I don't neccessarily disagree, I was wondering:

A) Can you list more specific circumstances that support this, or is it more of a holistic conclusion?

B) If the dynamism of the WTS's "golden age" is gone, who would spearhead this theoretical takeover?

C) What kind of "new regime" do you think would replace the old one?

D) Could this be similar to what you mean (2nd page, 5th entry down): http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/251031/2/The-Governing-Body-scenario-is-nearly-identical-to-that-in-1977-no-power

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit