Family is drawing the line in the sand

by dissonance_resolved 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I have doubts about some things and am doing research into it to make sure it is the truth, I do not like being a hypocrite, so until that procees is complete I wont be going in FS and made to tell people about things i'm not even sure about myself...

• irondork
    irondork

Tell them with all the changes, you don't know what truth is anymore and until that changes, you cannot, in good conscience, go teaching what amounts to "truth de jour", given the heavy responsibility the bible places on teachers at James 3:1:

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Depends on your situation and how you want to play it.

If you want to buy time.

Go to the docotor, tell him you think you have virus, sooooo tired all the time, hormones etc.

there is no proof with viruses as there is nothing they can do, virus's can lay you out for months, and the only cure is time for it to work it's way out of your system

and your body to recover, you get to be 'ill' and the victim.

Work it baby, work it.

You have to be cunning and always planning ahead.

Or you could just be all smily happy, chatty nice, and agree to go, then on the morning you have sickness and can't go.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I can't play the sick card really because I have an active lifestyle and it's hard to explain how I can be so active and yet be too sick to go to the meeting. I think I will reply back, say thank you for thinking of me, and invite them to do something else fun with us the same weekend- that puts the ball in their court and sidesteps the issue, right? Hubby is no help at all at this point- since I've been scaling back, he's been stepping up, much to my chagrin.

• blondie
    blondie

It's hard if you have any financial dependence on your family, such as living at home; family tend to think they can demand that you worship as they do...but they are paying the bills.

Getting out on your own financially is a beginning.

Emotional blackmail to force behavior they agree with is still a issue.

I have seen very few leave though without fallout from jw family in one form or fashion.

Just plan to be responsible for yourself, able to make your own personal decisions.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I'm an adult and self-sufficient- it's the emotional blackmail that gets me.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

If you are truly, as you say, heartbroken, then you need to take a step back and give yourself time. They are overstepping your personal boundaries. Families try and do this but don't let them. Don't let them force you to say things you are not ready to say yet. Emotional blackmail is sickening, hang in there.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

haven't you already planned something for this weekend?

Use 'theocratic warfare strategy(TM)'......do unto others as the WBT$ does unto you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This too shall pass. All dubs are hyped up right now because the " END " is soooo close! The new WT, the apostate bashing, Candice Conti, ect.. it's all coming to a head. This is our 1975. The GB want the sheeple motivated, why?! They want Walkhill completed and they want to get started on Warwick. 2015 is an important date to the WTBT$, they are trying to get out of Crooklyn!

In 5 years think where you will be. The GB will still be saying the exact same thing..the END is SOON!!! Your family will be five years older, they will have wasted five more years serving a corporation. It's sad, but maybe you can plant a seed of truth with them. The Conti case may prove very helpful to some. Do YOUR part now to inform others, like the local media. Who knows how your family will view things in a few years. The crazier the GB get, the more chance that your family could awaken.

BTW, I agree with Sarahsmile. You don't have to spill all the beans just yet.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Why does a family invitation have to be about field service? Could you turn the tables on them by saying sorry I want be able to join you for field service, but please stop by later in the evening for (whatever you prepare), I would love to see you and visit for a while....

Then if they press for why you can't go in service you can express the doubts you have of other things mentioned by others already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit