Disturbing material in May 15, 2002 Watchtower

by spender 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Real world translation - suggestion=law. According to the elders in this area no one could have a better suggestion than the good old boys at the WT.

Mrs R

• Panda
    Panda

My mother's funeral was in a Catholic church. I had been raised Catholic so nothing seemed weird or anything to me. However, at the rosary before the funeral my oldest brother was upset because I wouldn't make the sign -of -the -cross. When I flew back to my home after the funeral a sister in the cong. asked if I was ok. I figured she meant because my mom had died... nope... didn't the experience of attending a Catholic mass effect me? That hurt.

When I attended a nephews wedding in a Methodist church (and took lots of photos) a young MS asked what I thought of all those flags at the altar?(he referred to the American flag) And didn't I feel out of place?

Jeez Looezz... What gives these folks the idea that it's okay to question another persons actions. Thw WBTS promotes spying and conniving. They must be thinkging "Let's twist a person until they can't make a decision for themselves anymore. "

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

There are an incredible amount of thickos like that around, and it is a shame the watchtower has to write in words of one syllable sometimes to get through to them! Act sensibly, with an ounce of brain, and this discussion would be redundant.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
  • SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    Being in a group where everyone else is engaging in a false religious act, a Christian may find it difficult to resist the pressure to join in. How unwise to expose oneself to such pressure!

"Disturbing"? this crap makes me sick! I can't believe I ever fell for this, even as a kid. yeah, Brooklyn, you know what meat puppets we are, no resistance to sex, drugs, or rock&roll, so we might as well go for some idolatry as well, seeing as it happens to be around.

Not to be overlooked is the effect our attending a service in a religious building might have on fellow believers. Could it injure the conscience of some? Might their resistance to avoid engaging in idolatry be weakened?

whaaaaaaat? not only is our own faith/willpower so weak that we're ready to drop our green bibles & make the sign of the cross at a moment's notice, but it will also become a virus that will destroy others in the congregation! just because 1 person went! wow!

personally, I don't remember any elder ever trying to make this a local law, or marking anyone for going to a funeral or wedding; but that they have such an ill opinion of their own "sheep," and their own doctrine apparently, that they'd make these statements, really pisses me off!

SpiderMonkey

• spec
    spec

Guilt is a powerful motivator.

I wonder how someone will feel when they didn't attend their mothers funeral because of that article only to recieve the 2005 Watchtower and the society's view has changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit