Kingdom Hall loans Cancelled? Lurkers...please read

by ToesUp 30 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Nice post ToesUp,

I would have paid attention to what you said when I was a newbie here. Very un-editorialized and just the facts.

Lets up some read it and get curious!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Let me make sure I've got this correctly.

JW's donate money to the Society (Jehovah's Money) for the purpose of building Kingdom Halls and furthering the preaching work. The Society uses donated money (Jehovah's Money) to give to the Congregations to build Kingdom Halls but they want the money back from the same people who donated the money in the first place. Then they make a big deal about generously and lovingly cancelling the loan but behind the scenes make it clear that they still want their money back and they want to see an increase in the donations because they are having money woes.

Have I got it right?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Simon, the old arrangement was what was getting them into trouble. I forget the reason why, but there were lending laws or the non-profit (scam) involved, I think. The new one is skirting that trouble. Its not a loan and they aren't paying a mortgage, but making a free will donation.Theoretically. All the guilt tripping is allowed in churches and other non profit or ministry in general, so long as it is legal.
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

Pete Zahut

I think you have it right. That is pretty much what I understand. If you are wrong then we are both wrong, but I don't think so.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    As much as I wish I could say otherwise, my spouse will most likely donate more money now unfortunately.
  • bradford
    bradford

Pete - you got most of it but missed some.

After you start donating your time (valuable things) to become a beloved pioneer, eating Raman noodles and pbj sandwiches, paying for your own fuel, all while working a part time job because higher education is demonic, you have to be guilted into donating your first fruits (the best, and potentially all you have) because the work is speeding up so much and the wise slave class doesn't know how to get by.

And, remember, the GB is not soliciting. They are merely making the rank and file (aka the ones with jobs and income) AWARE of the non-statistically supported statements that their is this huge need for funds.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And while you are giving of your ....Time ,Labor ,Money ,Energy ,Life ,..... to this organisation you have no legal status to this organisation .

You are not an employee , you are not a representative , you are not a volunteer associated with Jehovah Witnesses the WTB&TS.

You are just someone , who are sympathetic with their beliefs and offers their services.

smiddy

• Splash
    Splash
    Closer to Fine As much as I wish I could say otherwise, my spouse will most likely donate more money now unfortunately.

Set up a monthly bank payment into a savings account, for all the spare money you have left over each month.

Then tell your spouse that, like the GB, your outgoings are greater than your income each month, so you need extra 'donations' yourself.

Miss a few utility payments so you get reminders come through.

• PorkyFree
    PorkyFree

I agree, after watching the May broadcast I thought about what Lett was not saying ( the other pages of the letters to elders) and immediately felt sick. This is nothing else but a poorly executed lie. If you thought that the GB stood for truth, think again - John 17:17.

Add this to the flip flops on teaching regarding the parables and the overlapping generations and you have a formula for a decline in membership... That is if the members can still think for themselves, which I am picking the vast majority can't !

I recently told a close friend (of over 40 years) what I thought of the inconsistencies in teaching, and showed him the scriptural reasons for these. His response was an email telling me that I had lost my faith and he would no longer have anything to do with me.

I guess the "programming" is a lot more difficult to undo than I thought.

any others have experience of good "de-programming" methods?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

splash - "...for all the spare money you have left over each month."

"Spare money... left over"?

Joke, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit