Kingdom Hall loans Cancelled? Lurkers...please read

by ToesUp 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I hope that writing this, there will be some Lurkers that I can shake.

If you have not listened to Mays TV broadcast, please do. It may wake some up.

Note @ around 21-22 minutes into the broadcast Lett brings up the the Kingdom Halls/Assembly Hall loans have been cancelled and the congregation can now send in what they can afford. Wow...how many banks would do that?

What Lett fails to mention, is that there was a BOE letter regarding this. Page 1 was to be read to the congregation but page 2 and 3 were for the Elders eyes only. Well, on page 2 the question is asked: " What amount should be used for this new resolved monthly donation?

The answer: "The elders in congregations currently making loan repayments would likely propose a resolution that is at least the same amount as the current monthly loan repayment"

Ok, think about this...my bank (who holds my mortgage) calls me up and tells me that they are going to cancel my mortgage (cool!) BUT I have to continue to send the same amount to them every month for the remainder of my life. Let's say my mortgage would have been paid off in 10 years with my original mortgage. Cool...now I have a paid off home in 10 years. Now...the new way, let's say I live until I am 80 years old. Now I have to pay them the same amount for another 30 years? Ok, I am not a mathematician here but who's getting the raw end of the deal here? Me, me, me!!! I am an idiot if I go along with it.

It also asks the question on Page 3 of the letter: "What should be done if congregation funds are not sufficient to cover resolved donations?"

The Answer: "If sufficient funds are not available for all resolved donations in a particular month, additional funds should not be solicited. The elders should determine what amounts from the congregation funds that are available at the end of the month will be applied toward the re-solved monthly donation(s) and whether the shortfall should be made up in future months."

Ok, so don't solicit the funds but we will get the short fall in future months. Lett states that the "congregation can send in what they can afford." This is not sending in what you can afford. The congregation either has to send in the amount from the end of month available funds in the congregation or make up for it later.

Most publishers do not know that there is a Page 2 and 3 of the letter. There is a reason for that. Why not read page 2 and 3 to the Congregation. Do they have something to hide?

I listened to the May Broadcast and then directly read the BOE letter. I am disgusted!

I have been raised in this organization and at one time had some hope in these "men." They are dirty rotten scoundrels, living off of the ones trying to survive on what we can. They are cashing checks from little old ladies/men who are living off of rice and beans. They are using people for free labor!

It hurts that we all have been duped (including me at one time). No more!

Please everyone, vote with your wallets and THINK.

Rant over.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    My guess is that since publishers didn't see those parts of the letter that you mention that maybe the broadcast will wake up some elders...
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Wow. Do you have the link to this BOE letter please, I must have missed it.
  • snugglebunny
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    This is consistent with the usual contempt leadership shows the public and the rank and file members, similar to the perpetual deficit scam they run at assemblies. Keep the masses in the dark about what's really going on. After all, they're not entitled to the full truth, just the part the governing body feels they need to know.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    TheListener
    I had the same thought
  • Splash
    Splash

The deficit that Lett told us about is the same sort of deficit we see at every convention - manufactured.

By moving money from one corporation to another, a deficit is intentionally created.

They are merely using the small scale deceptions plied upon all convention goers, but now on a world wide scale.

Do they really spend $1billion dollars every 4 weeks? (Or whatever Lett claimed). Of course not. Never.
    It's a sneaky, forked tongued deception that might be semantically true, but is an underhanded and deceptive plea for more money.

"We don't ask for money" says Lett, before spending 30 minutes asking for money.

These charlatans have no shame. No. Shame.
    Jehovah's witnesses have become the latest televangelists begging for your hard earned dollar.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is just further dangerous cult-mind control where they say left is right and up is down.

The members are publishers despite the fact that they just distribute what a publishing company makes.
    The leaders are the "slave" despite them not serving the members, but having the members serve them.
    The loans are forgiven despite the obligation to pay at least the same amount for a longer term.

And now, members are told that if your congregation falls short on the monthly obligation, all is forgiven. But the elders are told "Shame on you and make it up as soon as possible."

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

And we have always been at war with Eastasia.

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

This is going to backfire on them. As individuals, I predict that the rank and file will hear this comment about paying only what you can afford, and they will lessen their donation amounts. This will add up noticeably when the whole congregation, or at least many of them, slack off. They'll get a stern local needs of course, but it might take a few months before the body realizes it, unless the accounts servant is on top of it, which is unlikely if it's the average overloaded MS.

Probably the broadcast after next they'll have to re-address the issue and soft-scold everyone for lessening their donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit