Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I have served 20 years as an Elder, 5 years as an MS. Was on the District Committee in 2010, Held various positions on the District , Circuit, and RBC Level. Probably been on more than 100 Judicial Committees and even an Appeals Committee. Was the Coordinator in our congregation and deleted because adult child was DF ( I kicked him out at the time of his wrongdoing, but that wasn't enough for thr Brothers). Needless to say, I have been lurking for 2 years on this site, which has been an eye-opening experience. My wife and I are still very active in the congregation, just trying to take all this in.

• inbetween
    inbetween

welcome, and enjoy your journey of real spiritual enlightenment, looking forward to some more insight and stories ;-)

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Hi James, and welcome. You will find many understanding and supportive people here. Some, like me, left the organization entirely. Others still attend meetings but are aware that the org is not all it claims to be.

I was also an elder for 13 years and on the Circuit/District programs frequently. I have not been to a meeting since October 2000, almost 13 years. I don't mind saying that the WT org is a fraud and fake and it has been since its inception. But, I believe that each person has to find their own way and make their own decisions. I have a friend who just got baptized.

I am really curious about your "read" on the organization currently. Could you share? Are the publishers still blindly accepting everything in The Watchtower? Is there enthusiasm for "the new system just around the corner"? Bob in NC

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi JJ welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Hoab

• metatron
    metatron

Welcome!

I hope you have not revealed enough to compromise your anonimity.

metatron

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome James.

Enjoy the ride to freedom.

• donny
    donny

Welcome to the forum James. Remember to take your time to carefully ponder what the Society is really all about.

Donny

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome! Yes, being an elder is an eye-opener as many here can attest to.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome JJ

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Welcome JJ

You will have a diffic. time ahead. But It is worth going through. Be careful with what you are saying. Saying the wrong thing will make hell for the rest of your family.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit