Big Revolt Among CO, DO, Bethelites, and Branch Servant Likely

by frankiespeakin 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ok maybe it is just me, but lately I find the teachings of the Governing Body so bizarre and easy to disprove and all this stuff on the internet exposing them and their constant bad treatment of those that leave has got to have some type of wakeing up effect no matter how brainwashed a person is I feel that point is being reached among many of the r&f and also with these company men and something is brewing.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Like Gromit, it took being disfellowshipped for me to finally realize this was not “Jehovah’s organization.” I had gone back to college and earned my diploma before being put out, and that has served me well. I wonder how matters would stand if I had no degree to fall back on.

As for the possibility of a revolt, I think for many, if not most, Witnesses this old Caribbean proverb applies: “Not to know is bad; not to want to know is worse.” I still repeat this to my students and it applies with even more force to rank-and-file Witnesses. Many are deliberately and blissfully ignorant and choose to remain that way. When they detect even a whiff of TTATT, they run away, letting their fear overwhelm their thinking.

Steve2 is right to say that there are some thoughtful people in the cult who know it is completely false and are quietly making their way to the exits. I’m sure they have shared their feelings and findings with some, but most know that very few Witnesses will listen to them. The best thing they can do is get out and follow their own life path. That’s the course I’ve taken and am much better off for doing so.

Quendi

• L3G
    L3G

Right on baltar447 and Ding!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think that the more loyalty the Governing Body require and the more hatred they spew about those that left or stop believing the more people will wake up and that somewhere they reach a tipping point with many company men ready to jump ship and inflict blows.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Too soon to tell. I would not rule it out.

There has never before been access to more information anonymously; if you wanted to find out where the skeletons were buried in the WT backyard, how long would it take? 24 hours?

As there is more access to information, even the witnesses will become more skilled at parsing out the junk and getting at the truth about th eWT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Company Men like CO's and DO's are more in fear than the R&F Dubs. If they leave they have nowhere to go, no skills that are marketable, and often no home of their own.

Most of them are aware that there is a lot of "showmanship" about their position, and therefore that the same applies to the GB, I don't think most of the CO's and above are actually in awe of the GB, just aware that if they show any sign of dissent they are not just on the street, but on Skid Row.

They will support the whole thing till the last, like the faithful supporters of Nazi Germany, even when Hitler was dead.

Any Big Revolt would have to come from the bottom up, but ignorance and apathy rule at the bottom.

No Big Revolt, no Mass Exodus will ever happen, the WT will simply dwindle to nothing over many decades.

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, Thesis, Antithesis.... Synthesis!

No, I don't see any open revolt..................... but.........

Watch for passive-aggressive opposition. Over time, this can be as damaging as rank revolt. Fake hours, low donations, 'anything goes as long as you don't get caught and df'd', a$$- kissing, and hypocrisy.

Also, notice the never-ending flow of confidential material that gets posted on the internet as well as evident 'help' in lawsuits against the Organization.

metatron

• Joliette
    Joliette

I dont think that will happen. I think more people are going to leave, but no large revolt. Probably more scandals. But no wt revolt. Like DD said, people are just too brainwashed to leave that religion. Sadly I believe the watchower will always exist. Its our job to educate the public and to let people know this religion is a harmful religious cult and they make themselves out to be innocent, but they are not. Oh and probably more child abuse exposure but thats about it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Another thought about a big revolt in the future and the unconscious part of our psyche.

The way I see it is that before an idea becomes or comes into consciousness it is in the unconscious. The unconscious mind is aware of much more than the conscious mind as evident from hypnosis where a person has total recall of events he was barely conscious of and could not recall in a normal waking state of consciousness.

So with all this BS of the Governing Body comming down hard on people leaving/doubting, and the internet, wikipedea, it is bound to have an effect on many of these men's unconscious as it put things together and trys to make it become consciously aware that they are being duped. Basically unconsciously driven to bring to consciousness a repressed doubts and what not. Sorta like the old fraudian slip making one say what is really on ones mind before one is even aware of it.

That is part of the way I see things playing out in the future in this psychologically repressive cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Joliette - "Sadly I believe the watchower will always exist."

Organisms that cannot or will not evolve to adapt to a changing environment inevitably go extinct.

I'm having trouble imaginig how a small apocalyptic-millennialist authoritarian high-control group can truly adapt to survive in the rapidly advancing, information-saturated, Wikileaks-level-transparency-craving socio-economic environment of the 21st Century.

If they withdrew even further, they'd become even more marginilized and extremist; if they went mainstream, they would arguably no longer BE Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit