I celebrated my daughters birthday for the first time...

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Cognac...Aw, Just 4 years old. How precious. I hope whatever happens to the adults in her life, she will be able to enjoy her 5th Birthday and her 6th Birthday etc. without knowing the possible harm, that her 4th one caused her Mom.

i am glad she was so excited and happy.

I have never had a party. :(

Just Lois

• barry
    barry

Once she gets to 30 she won't any more birthdays. I don't like them myself they remind us all of our mortality.

• carla
    carla

Kids love birthdays! Glad she had a good time!

We always did birthdays in our house and granted my jw did not become a jw until a number of years ago but I made sure the kids still got their b-day parties. Birthday's are important markers in life.

Maybe if you move he may fade a bit? It seems moving to a new kh is never easy so who knows?

A question, how do jw's keep track of life? without any markers in life? Since my husband quit doing the birthday thing in our house there have been times I actually forget how old I am! the kids try to do it up right for me but it is not the same without husband or if the kids have been out of state then forget it! I hardly remember another year has gone by except for any new lines on my face to remind me!

How do normal families remember life? often it is by, "remember that one Easter when Grandma......the Christmas I got the xyz and Dad........the sleepover birthday party where.......

How do jw's remember life? each convention year is the same as the next? the year we thought the world would end? oh wait, that's every year too!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Good for you cognac having a birthday for your daughter. Carla is right about birthdays they are markers in our lifes. I knew one JW years ago who did not remember how old his kids where because they never celebrated their birthdays. How sad for them and their children. Reopened Mind and I never celebrated birthdays with our kids but we always let them know it was their birthday and would talk about it. It was the cult thing. Anyway we hope everything will work out with you all. Totally ADD

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Happy birthday to your daughter.

Bangalore

• wasblind
    wasblind

((((((( Cognac ))))))) Huggs to you

As parents we learn fast that small children can't keep secrets

My mom got all her info of what went on in my house from my daughter

But the greatest pleasure I had , was the joy I brought to my child

when her friends would gather to celebrate her special day

Everybody deserves to feel special

You did somethin' normal, and you got a normal reaction from your daughter

you made her happy and in turn she wants to share what she felt

I understand the position you are in

But It's a sad thing when a child has to learn to suppress the joy

of what made them happy

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Yay! Happy 4th to your daughter! I hope she had a great time! I celebrated my birthday for the first time last year. I was 40. My wifey invited all of our new friends and we had a marquee out in the garden. It was the best time ever! Now, I am a big strapping lad. But when they all sang happy birthday to me, years of pent up emotions came pouring out and yes, i sobbed like a baby. Its memories like these that give life meaning. Not teaching a child to be a robot with no social skills. Stuff the borg. Stuff their disgusting hate speech.

You did great cognac. You gave your child a precious memory.

GA

• franticfran
    franticfran

Go Cognac!! have a great time,my husband will be celebrating his first birthday next month and he is 70!! How mad is that,we are going to have a lovely time but for children this is such a special celebration,their just bullies these people,you stand between them and your child thats your job.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Celebrating my daughter's birthday last year was HUGE. It was so fun, so liberating and she got some fantastic gifts too.

Mainly though it helped her to see that the WT is full of sh_t!

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

I remember blowing out my first birthday candles at age 22 (it was wonderful)!!!

And when I let my children have their first birhtdays ages 3 and 8...I cried like a baby...because they were so happy.

We celebrate all of the holidays...but the most precious is our birthdays.

I feel sorry for the JW...this is one thing that is very special....celebrating LIFE!!!! This really should be the first reason to leave the cult...not celebrating your LIFE!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit