Have You Given Up on JW Friends or Family Ever Seeing The Light And Getting Out?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mrs Phizzy and I were both born-in, and left in our late fifties, so there is hope I suppose.

I think that most JW's with half a brain are now only in for the two reasons stated above, Social reasons, and fear.

The July study WT may be a spur for some to leave perhaps, and eventually the pointless drudgery and sheer boredom of the religion may push others to fade.

For many a long year the WT has had "hole in the bucket", but the waters of new recruits in the top meant they could ignore the trickle of those leaving. That is no longer the case, the WT is worried.

Their response seems to be a really serious tightening of Control, I fear that as this goes on, it will be ever harder for those still in, in for whatever reason, to leave.

• flipper
    flipper

There are some JW's in my family who will probably never get out of the JW organization- but you never know. Stranger things have happened in this life. I'll never give up hope on any of them - especially my adult daughters. I'll keep a candle burning in my heart for them especially that they'll see the truth about the truth bfore they waste their whole lives on it. They are in their mid 20's still so perhaps they'll grow up , mature, and see through the scam in time. I raise a toast to ALL of us with family still in - be strong ! If you are being shunned remember WE love you here on JWN and know what you are going through. We are the 99 % being shunned by JW's

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm a bit pessimistic as to family in the cult ever comming out at this time. Just have to wait and see.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I left in 83.

Since then I have found quite a few of my friends and family are no longer witnesses.

Many of my close friends are out.

I was born in in 52. My friends are from back in the day.

They all went through 75 and most of them know that

Nobodies getting out alive.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Lois loved ones like your second mom and her daughter makes us so sad. Especially if other family members are there for them any time they want

• Mum
    Mum

Fortunately, I do not come from a JW family. I was the first convert in my family, and few others followed. I have a couple of distant cousins who are still dubs. I am not in regular contact with them, so I don't know what might happen. One of them is 80ish, so she's probably not going anywhere. The other is 60ish and delayed becoming a JW because she wanted to have fun in her youth. I would never give up on anyone, but I'm not optimistic.

What I am thankful for is that my daughter never bought into the dub life, even though she was born in. Did I mention that my daughter is a flippin' genius!? I am also grateful that my granddaughter was never indoctrinated. My granddaughter went to one meeting with a JW relative in her childhood, and she still describes it as "the longest two hours" or her life. She hated it! My 4-month-old great granddaughter will not be exposed to JWdom at all, I hope.

There are plenty of cults besides JW's to look out for. I want my descendants to have happy, fulfilling lives so they do not feel vulnerable and are not easy prey for all of the cult vultures out there.

My granddaughter told us the other day that a JW came to her door. She told him a lot of things she has done that JW's are not allowed to do. She reminded him that she can do these things and not worry about called into a kangaroo court, i.e., JC. She said he seemed amused. Cute!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit