With the July 15 WT approaching, would this be the ideal opportunity to start an ACTIVELY VOCAL fade?

by Captain Blithering 48 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

LOL @ "fulminating on his cloud" Ann O Malley.

I keep hearing 2014 come up. I have to say, I dont think this will be a blip on the screen. 99.99% of JW's won't even blink when it comes and goes. No mass exodus is emminent.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“AnnOMaly”: “It all chips away at long-timers' confidence in the Org.”

That’s a good point. It’s usually not just one particular thing that becomes the turning point but, rather, the steady accumulation of dissonance-producing issues which, as a whole, highlight the growing chasm between reality and fantasy, logic and fallacy, respectability and infamy – between the organization and the outside world.

At some point, there can come that certain ‘straw that breaks the camels back,’ or at least causes somebody, even a “long-timer,” to begin the road of investigation and questioning. The combination of accumulated personal dissonance, which may be reinforced by one’s covert external examination, and thought-stimulating facts and questions from family and friends gives the greatest chance of causing a person to finally indulge in a searching and objective self-examination of their views of and attachment to what they have been accepting all along as “truths.”

Remember, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link – and we all know that there are plenty of those “weak links” in the teachings and policies of the Watchtower organization! Let’s hope that many of those “weak links” in the oppressive iron chain of the Watchtower will pop out and allow people to escape, especially those we truly love.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Well put SAHS, and thanks data dog, i always enjoy your comments..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Captain Blithering - "By 'ACTIVELY VOCAL', I do NOT mean openly criticising the articles and pointing out the inconsistencies or flipflops (not footwear, reversals). I DO mean letting people know that you're finding it hard to understand the new truth, and the fact that there is therefore old truth, or falsities, (is that a word? It is now), therefore if there are falsehoods (THAT's the word, of course), then that puts into doubt the extent of Jah's involvement in the preparation/dissemination of it all... (and making it clear you're not saying they AREN'T gods prophets on earth, just that you're not SURE, don't KNOW)."

That is not an "actively vocal" fade (IMO, there's no such thing).

It's barely a "passively vocal" fade, and only if those sentiments are expressed in private to individuals who won't narc on you.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Man, I feel sorry for you faders. That sucks.

I agree with those that say be careful about incriminating yourself.

One of the grossest things you may have to do: Just act tired.

'I'm tired' / 'I'm exhasusted' / 'I'm
    just drained' / etc... feels so crappy to just act like a total deadbeat loser when you have strong moral and intellectual grounds not to go anymore. Better that than df'd? Acting like a total weakling is what worked for me. Very frustrating... but it worked.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Jude 22/23

22?Also, continue showing mercy to some that have doubts; 23?save [them] by snatching [them] out of the fire. (If after showing mercy to the ones that have doubts, if they persist in their gangreneous mentally diseased thinking, disfellowship them for not agreeing with you). In other words, if you love someone, let them go, but if they don't come back, hunt them down and shoot them.
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Um, "Crisis of Confidence"=Lack of credibility

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I don't think there is anything to be gained by expressing doubts. I know how frustrating your situation is, I am in a very similar one.

I often think about taking a stand or vocalizing doubts with the next crazy WT doctrine change, or "new light", but this will just make a fade more difficult. You just want to make a clean break from the religion, tell everyone how you really feel and have your family understand, but this is not going to happen...... that's why it's called a "fade", not a implosion.

It is nice to entertain the idea of sitting down with the elders, showing them the errors in their latest "new idea", and have them say "We understand, it's a crazy WT, take a break from theocratic activities, everyone in your family will understand your position". It will never play out like this.

I expressed doubts to the elders about 1914 when I was waking up. I regret this. It just puts you on their radar. They want to "shepherd" me regularly, they constantly want to know if I have resolved my problems, phone calls, messages, even pop in visits. I also believe that the elders talk among themselves about this, then go home and talk their wives, who will tell their friends, and then the whole congregation suspects you are turning apostate.

You are better off just playing the discouraged-exhausted card. Stay under the radar. By all means talk with wife, but just take it slow.

Besides 607/1914, the thing I mentioned to my wife was some Noahs flood stuff, and how I can't agree with the whole earth being covered in water just 4500 years ago...... how did native animals get back to Australia and other islands? Did some hyper evolution occur after the flood? How did coral reefs and vegetation survive in the deep water? What about marine life, salt/freshwater? Over 9 metres of water fell per hour, every hour, for forty days!? Where did it go? And on and on you can go. Things just snowballed from there, I guess am lucky to have my wife out with me.

Take it slow, all the best. Many here share similar circumstances and feelings.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Thanks 2+2=5, (my favourite sum as well as 0+2=1)

Glad it worked out well for you, I'm hoping it does for me too... The pretty half has been reading the July wt with a puzzled expression on her face and she knows how I feel about it being a MAN run organisation so hopefully the cogs are creaking into gear.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit