I want to carry the microphones"

by stillin 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My wife and I actually agreed. . . . .

I take it that this means that YOU are the man of the house. So......like sparrowdown said, MAN UP!

Be the MAN of the house and treat your daughter as a father should.

Doc

• TheListener
    TheListener

I faded and my kids are free. I am doing all I can to make sure they stay that way.

Stillin, I really feel for your situation. Family issues are really hard to deal with.

Your wife puts the WTS ahead of you and the kids. You've been around long enough to know that.

In my opinion you should make sure you put your kids and your relationship to them ahead of the WTS. If that means going against your wife so be it just don't flaunt it in her face.

I can't wait to celebrate Christmas and other holidays with my kids and grandkids.

I know it's easy to talk from the sidelines but like you I am living this every day.

• carla
    carla

I feel for your situation but you do have choices. You could choose to have a normal relationship with your family and if wife and jw's don't like it let the chips fall. YOU as the man of the house can make decisions that would make it difficult for the jw's as well! pulling your financial support to the worldwide pedophile fund would be one of many things you could do.

I hate to say it but if my family did not accept me and my husband along with the kids as a family unit my kids would not see their grandparents, period. I would want to protect my kids from such a harmful situation. That is what the cult is, harmful, spiritually, emotionally and at times physically and/or sexually abusive. My job as a parent is to protect my kids from harmful situations.

You have a choice to put a corporation/org and the cong (as well as your own standing) before your own child or allow for natural affections and show unconditional love to your child on a daily basis not just passing in the street or quick non meaningful conversation as she passes the kids over to you while she shows you unconditional love by allowing you to see your grandchildren.

That is your legacy to your grandchildren, that is what they will remember when you are long gone. Grandma & grandpa didn't like mom for some reason or they will know it was because of the jw's and that will be the legacy of the jw's that gets passed on in that family. A damn good reason not join! no?

Sorry if this was harsh I didn't intend it to be. I find the whole shunning thing so damaging it really pisses me off.

• done4good
    done4good

You need to stand up to your wife and be there for your daughter, (yes openly, sneaking around your wife is not good enough). Your wife will respect you for that later, if she is worth keeping. Some self reflection is in order on this one.

This thread has nothing to do with microphones. (I also edited this post significantly, FWIW).

d4g

• stillin
    stillin

Done4good, the microphone bit was just making the point that kids don't understand what they are getting into. Being DF'd is something that happens to "other kids, bad kids." And each of my children are standing on pretty solid moral ground, even now. They left and they're still not bad people. And they know that their father is proud of each of them.

mom? Let's just say that they understand her limitations. Makes you wonder who is acting more like an adult.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Stillin you need to man up, the JW s are going way beyond scripture by stating your not to talk to a df'd one. The only mention of not greeting a person is in 1john and that's about someone not believing in Christ. Tell your wife your not going to do this anymore your daughter was treated badly and either way your not going to shun her anymore. I can't believe your picking this religion over your daughter. I would even take any of my kids over my wife who is still all in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit