I want to carry the microphones"

by stillin 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

This was the reason that our 12 year old son gave us for wanting to be baptized. My wife and I actually agreed that he should wait a little longer, thank God! By the time he was 13 he was running wild. He had begun to notice girls and there was no stopping those hormones!

Now, years later,our relationship with him is great, although my wife feels it necessary to point out to him occasionally how much better his life could be "with the truth."

Not so lucky with our daughter though. She was baptized, pioneered, and after a couple of years decided to marry a good man, not a witness, was pounced on by the local elders, and DF'd. Now we only have "necessary family business" with her, consisting of her sharing the grandchildren with us. She has taken a higher moral stand than the one which the WTS dictates. I'm sure that she is bitter, I don't blame her, but she puts that aside and does what she can to keep the family together.

She also just wanted to please her parents by getting baptized and the punishment is way out of line with her "crime." We have never had her whole family over for a dinner or had any outings with them. We, her parents are "punished" for her decision.

I wish the WTS would back off on all of this stupid shunning. It doesn't prove anything except how ignorant they are. I really don't think it's at all "loving."

just venting a little.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    DF'd for marrying a man who is not a witness? Was that the only reason? Hope not.. but just curious.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For an obviously fake and corrupt religion like the JWS to break apart families like that is morally criminal

and disgusting .

• stillin
    stillin
    Power metal, one of the elderS had a son that came over to my house and made out with my daughter. She was 19 and he was 17, so she should have known better. Couldn't very well DF an elder's kid! It was a kangaroo court and a couple of the Judicial Committee elders told me that they really weren't comfortable with how it went. But neither was my daughter. That was all it took for her to move on with her life.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

So Stillin why don't you have that relationship that your daughter would enjoy.

Are you still a believer or concerned you'd get DFed?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Now we only have "necessary family business" with her..."

What Giordano said. Why?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    You might want to rethink things if you are following the WTBT$ rule of "necessary family business" to appear to be a follower to your wife. What about visits with your daughter alone? Surely there can be a satisfactory "work around"?
  • stillin
    stillin
    My daughter knows where things are. I am totally available for her but my wife is, and always will be a staunch JW. I don't see how DF'ing is any kind of "discipline" after so long. Her mind is made up. She's not coming back, so quit deceiving yourself that this is any kind of "loving discipline." It's just stubborn.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    No, its controll. They domt want people to contaminate the belivers so they condition believers to reject hertics and those that do as they are told. They will never do away with ot because it does it exactly what they want it to. It inspires fear in the masses and fear is their best weapon.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

We, her parents are "punished" for her decision.

No that's not true.

You are actually being punished by the Society not your daughter. The Society is coercing you and your wife to do something that is unnatural and outright wrong. Test your self if the WT came out and said we have new truth shunning is really bad. How quickly would you pick up the phone and call her.

To coerce someone means:

1. to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition:

She doesn't want or need to discuss your stupid religion with it's ever changing faith and deceptions.

It is time to do what the Society does be deceptive and attend to real family business'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit