New To The Board

by MarchOn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Hi March On, I'm happy you're here.

I left the Borg when there was no support group for exJWs as well. I always had one foot in and one foot out in the first place, but I was surprised at myself for some of the knee-jerk reactions I had that I caught myself doing and thinking. It was automatic. I'm sure you'll find yourself saying, thinking, and doing things without thinking because the JW programming is so strong. And that's you first job, too, to unlearn the automatic JW programmed responses to every situation in life. After I found myself engaged in knee-jerk reactions a few times, I slowed way, way down before opening my mouth. I literally had to learn to think for myself again, like a person who has been laid up in the hospital for a long, long time has to learn to walk again. Take it slowly. You'll be fine.

I suppose you are aware that an immediate danger facing you and all others coming out of a cult have to face. And that danger is becoming re-involved with another, but different, cult. I spent some time as a cult deprogrammer, and I can't tell you how many people I met that had left the JWs and pretty soon joined up with the Moonies, or the Mormons, or something. So this is a clear and present danger for you and I wanted to point it out, even though you may already be fully aware of it. I always recommend that the newly free help insure they stay that way by reading "The True Believer," by Eric Hoffer. It's a small book, but it explains very much about cults and other mass movements and how they work and why, and about who joins and why. It's a must read for newbies.

I do hope you'll stick with us, we need you and your fresh perspective. A newbie posting here is worth their weight in gold.

See ya 'round.

Francois

• mouthy
    mouthy

Greetings MarchOn. Glad to have you aboard Its a real family of "apostates'" Good bunch!!!!

• misty
    misty

Hello marchon!
    You will find all kinds here, Some new like us, some a lot more experienced. Some still believe and some lost all belief, but mostly most know how you feel. Most of us felt that we were alone, and could not talk to anyone for fear of being an apostate.
    Welcome home.

• LDH
    LDH

(((((HUGS)))))

Welcome. What else can I say? JT said it all.

Love,

Lisa

• avengers
    avengers

Gettin'out is indeed hell.

• DB
    DB

Welcome MarchOn, I hope you find this site as interesting and fun as I have.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

(((MarchOn)))

This is a great place!

Welcome and looking forward to your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit