New To The Board

by MarchOn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

Hello All,
    I should clarify, I am new at posting, not new to the board.
    I've been checking in for a short time now. "Spying", "Lurking", whatever you would like to call it. But I thought it was time to come out of the "first closet" I've been in for more than 20 years. The "second closet" being my true identity may take some time. For, those of us that walked away from the borg so long ago did not have the support system that so many enjoy these days. We were on our own. All of the tears and pain were for our minds and mouths only. The only other people to turn to were never in the borg and thus could never fully understand the impact this had on us.

Until recently, I thought the feelings I've carried for so long now were my own. And then one day someone directed me to this site. I would never wish on ANYONE the mental scars that so many of us have been left with. This is my first step into recovery. I'm looking forward to your support and will do what ever I can to help others.

Thank You,
    MarchOn

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi MarchOn

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome. Glad you mustered up the courage to post! I look forward to hearing more about you and your experiences both inside and outside the Borg.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Welcome, MarchOn.

It seems so funny now, but when I drifted away I was shocked to learn that I was not alone. For a long time, I thought I was one of the few honest dissenters, while everyone else was an immoral, baby-sacrificing, demon-possessed psychotic. The Internet has done a lot to bring the victims of this group together, and Simon does us all a great service by allowing us to come here.

Hmmm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

WELCOME ABOARD, MARCHON

We're sure glad you stopped just being a lurker!

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• out4good3
    out4good3

Recovery from the WT's "mental regulations" are a long process as attested to by many on this board. I've been out for 9 years now and what I've revealed about myself here is but a tip of the iceburg only because my wife still believes. I'm slowly trying to get her to open her eyes as to what the WT is really about. It's a long process.

The internet is great in that it cuts through the very heart of the isolationist tactics the WT use to keep the R&F in check. I suspect this place is full of devout JW lurkers who feel the same as you do, but are afraid of "coming out of the closet".

Welcome Aboard !!!!!!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Welcome to the forum, MarchOn. I am sure that you will find comfort and solace here. Good luck to you.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hey MarchOn!

Nice to meetcha.

You said:

The only other people to turn to were never in the borg and thus could never fully understand the impact this had on us.
    I totally relate to your comments here. I too have felt this way and so far have found this board to be a welcome respite. Hope it helps you too!

SPAZ

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

WELCOME!!!

Kisses,
    Moe

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Welcome MarchOn!
    Vent away, we are all here for the same reason. Enjoy your freedom of speech!

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit