RC Church - Originated when ? Spiritually Strong Ones please.

by *lost* 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Oh yeah.... see what you can learn about the apocrypha too. RC church may have notes on the Council of Nicea.

Where did Russell get HIS early century info from??

Don't mean to be condescending, but I'd have to put my trust dibs on the Catholic church on historical data.... not some dude walking along the Allegheny River making crap up.

sorry about typos. on phone... very hard to edit.

• tornapart
    tornapart

An interesting website I came across

http://www.bible.ca/history/eubanks/

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Soon,

If we mean the Roman church specifically, that was started when Peter went there.

That sounds quite like Abel was the first Jehovah's Witness type of logic.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope you find my contribution balanced and helpful. I admit that I get my back up when I hear the expression "spiritually strong". I have a background with evangelical people, and some of the zealous ones won't even have a conversation with another person until they find out if they are "saved" or not. It's "saved" according to what they believe. Who are they, as fellow human beings, to decide who is spiritually qualified or not?

Now I have a JW husband who thinks I am not spiritual enough because I don't read the Watchtower and I don't go out in to field service. Is it no less a Christian example to model strength and kindness to others?

• soontobe
    soontobe
    That sounds quite like Abel was the first Jehovah's Witness type of logic.

Really? Then to whom was this letter addressed to (Paul's Epistle to the Romans)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_the_Romans

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry Lost, I was typing while multi-tasking at work. I should have chosen my words more carefully. I meant no offense to you. Somedays I am a b-otch about WT stuff. Tonight is " Family Worship " night and I don't even want to go home. I get what you are saying and I apologize.

Peace,

DD

• *lost*
    *lost*

DDog ??? lol. No worries. Relax. i know how draining it must be for you. I am so grateful for my strong will and mind, They never got to nail me down like a lotta folks here. I feel for you all. Really.

Soon to be - Did Peter actually go to rome ? I mean are you sure, cos I didn' think he did, I would like to know if I have it wrong. thanks.

jgnat. I get what your saying. And I could totally u nderstand and respect someones reasoning on it, but they could do it in a more civilised way. lo. I'm not too stressed about it, but I am not the kind of person who intends to upset people then give them the finger. i don't name call.

Re your fella. Or any other witness for that matter. give them a challenge. make them sit down with a pen and pad. Tell them they have to make written notes for you to see from them. And google meaning of spirituality. Wiki. They will be very surprised and you can prove to your hubby you are in fact very spiritual, maybe more so than him. lol. You will see.

Supersessionism - do the same with this one. Make them think.

Thanks everyone for your help and info you have given.

And I do truly opologise if i un-intentionally offended anyone, I would never wish to do so. But really, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I would advise you research the meaning of the word. and see what it actually means. Not what wt pontificates.

• jgnat
  • *lost*
    *lost*

jgnat very nice .. thanks.

I really appreciate 'foreign' cultures. to be fair I think Anglo-American Westerners have no culture. Nothing to equate with the ancients. The core beliefs and attitudes are the same. The ''true works''. Whatever religious demonination isn't relevant. What is relevant is the individual person and their works.

WT /jws specificaly are the shame of the human race. When do they ever do any ''good works'' humanitarian works. what do any of them do for other people ? on the whole. Yes there are some good individuals who are to be praised. Just like every other religion/type.

I see muslims who aren't 'proper' they don't live the proper life.

People are too focused on words and labels and not the meaning.

White western men were labelled the 'devils' and hated the world over for the things they inflicted in their dominion of other races. History is fact.

The ancient cultures are fascinating.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Another interesting topic is the fact there are more popes than just the Roman Catholic, and the Pope of the current Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis, is of the eastern rite of Catholics.

I read up some on Pope Alexander I believe a Coptic Christian from Alexandria, who was in charge of the Council of Nicea. ( BTW I misspelled ayran, it was not that spelling and a different meaning...I meant arian.) and Pope alaxander dealt with this topic of the differences of the natures of the Trinity, and the problem of Arius, at this council.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit