RC Church - Originated when ? Spiritually Strong Ones please.

by *lost* 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

*lost*, of course we have a rich and interesting culture. You don't notice because you are swimming in it. Think a thousand years in the future. They'll think we are exotic!

• kassad84
  • Pterist
    Pterist

@LOST

Using "spiritual" implied language (spiritual strong) is less tolerated than the "F" word on this site.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The apostle Paul never used the word "Christian" or "Christian Church" in any of his letters. Paul envisioned a fulfillment of the Israel of God Romans 11. The term "universal church" was adapted to unite the diverse "Christian World" in a "marriage" of church and state for political gain under Constantine.

Shalom friend ;)

• kassad84
    kassad84

O, Constantine. in this sign you will conquer murder

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

NONJWSPOUSE:

Lars,

you state : "It was around this time that the pagan Easter Celebration finally took hold over all of the various factions of the Catholic Church, obliterating the annual Lord's Supper"

Um The RC Church considers Holy Thursday of extremely high iportance. It is te observance of the last supper, the passover whenre Jesus offers himself as the sacrificial lamb.

"Except for the resurrection on Easter, Holy Thursday is possibly one of the most important, complex, and profound days of celebration in the Catholic Church." - CNA

However, Holy Thursday ( part of an entire week of observances) has not been secularized with the Easter Bunny etc., so you must have missed that one....

LARS:

Um, okay. Basically, this is a reference from Venerable Bede who spoke of various factions of the Catholic Church doing their own thing as far as Easter Sunday and passover. It's common knowledge generally, that the church wanted to distance itself from Judaism and in particular passover. So by 736 AD apparently the RCC had unified all the various factions in regards to the Easter Sunday celebration, which was an effort to emphasize Sunday and get away from the Jewish sabbath, etc.

But regardless, 736 BCE would be the date the 1260 years of apostasy begins... regardless. That is just what was going on. And now, JWs celebrate the Lord's Supper like no one else I really know of. Most of Christendom's churches have the sacraments every week. The Lord's supper is a form of "gift and sacrifice" and the "constant feature" so is critical to the recognized temple sect, who became JWs.

Right now, just in casual observation, Easter Sunday is the big deal for Catholics and Protestants alike. I don't see them genuflecting over when Passover is, like the WTS, so...

In addition, just for the record, Jews know that the Seder is always eaten on the first day of unfermented cakes, a special sabbath day, the day that the Israelites left Egypt. So they are likely laughing at Christians who don't seem to understand that. That is, if the Israelites left Egypt the same night they ate passover, and that was made a national holiday, a special sabbath, the 1st day of UFC, then Jesus must have been arrested on a national holiday! That means he could not have died that same day he ate the passover meal. I mean, how f***ging stupid can you get? !! Jesus must die THREE NIGHTS from Saturday night. That's THURSDAY! Period.

What I see now is that regardless of when "passover" falls, Easter Sunday is the big deal of the day. The RCC and most of Christendom follow this worship of Ishtar, but the WTS does not. They focus on passover, whenever it falls. They fulfill the "temple in its right condition"after the 2300 evenings and mornings from 1886-1996.

"Interpretation belongs to God." We'll see who "missed this one" -- me or YOU.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

In Revelation, the 666-beast that comes out of the "sea" represents Christendom. The "666" represents their belief in the trinity doctrine. You know, three gods but one god is the same as three numbers but one number.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Pterist .. thanks. I FOR ONE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ''F'' WORD.

Neither do I have a problem with anyother kinds of words/language people use unless they are along the lines of racist and clearly derogative. Those kinds of people, I CHOOSE to have little to do with. I CHOOSE not to be affected by their mentality. I CHOOSE to follow my own path. I CHOOSE not to blame others. I CHOOSE to live my own life. I CHOOSE to enrich it with the things I like. I CHOOSE to search for truth 'whatever that means these days'

Truth, honesty, integrity, moral fibre etc... whatever names you want to use to describe it. Well they are all pretty much thin on the ground in the world.

Some of us were born into 'THE REAL WORLD' AND HAVE HAD TO GROW UP IN THE REAL WORLD, and have had to deal with all the challenges that come with 'LIVING' IN THE REAL WORLD.

Should I not use the word 'WORLD' in case some ex-jw gets offended as they use the word to signify something else, to enforce their mind control over people.

We 'FROM THE WORLD - AND LIVING IN THE WORLD - some of us use this terminology all the time. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.

It does however have everything TO DO WITH CONTROL. it's all about control.

And nobody is going to control me, my mind, my life, my kids. Some people in this world are still connected to 'THEIR ROOTS' their histroy, their tribal origins, their ancestors., who have lived through and dealt with some pretty nasty things. Their survival. It's not a disney movie.

SOME PEOPLE STILL KNOW WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS TO 'FIGHT FOR FREEDOM' and are not afraid to go to battle.

The saying is '' take your position on the front line'' man up, put up or shut the F**k up and go away. ( not intended to anyone here personally, it is just a cultural saying/statement.

Some people in this world are actually faced with life and death situations, life on the line.

Not everyone has spent their entire lives trapped in an alternative reality, where all they ever did was read one set of literature, knock on doors and only associate with their 'chosen class'.

Jws don't have the world monopoly on abuse, pain and suffering. it's a big world out there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You go girl. Keep learning.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Go get this book, every christian should own and read it....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Christianities-Battles-Scripture-Faiths/dp/0195182499

The early Christian Church was a chaos of contending beliefs. Some groups of Christians claimed that there was not one God but two or twelve or thirty. Some believed that the world had not been created by God but by a lesser, ignorant deity. Certain sects maintained that Jesus was human but not divine, while others said he was divine but not human.
    In Lost Christianities, Bart D. Ehrman offers a fascinating look at these early forms of Christianity and shows how they came to be suppressed, reformed, or forgotten. All of these groups insisted that they upheld the teachings of Jesus and his apostles, and they all possessed writings that bore out their claims, books reputedly produced by Jesus's own followers. Modern archaeological work has recovered a number of key texts, and as Ehrman shows, these spectacular discoveries reveal religious diversity that says much about the ways in which history gets written by the winners. Ehrman's discussion ranges from considerations of various "lost scriptures"--including forged gospels supposedly written by Simon Peter, Jesus's closest disciple, and Judas Thomas, Jesus's alleged twin brother--to the disparate beliefs of such groups as the Jewish-Christian Ebionites, the anti-Jewish Marcionites, and various "Gnostic" sects. Ehrman examines in depth the battles that raged between "proto-orthodox Christians"-- those who eventually compiled the canonical books of the New Testament and standardized Christian belief--and the groups they denounced as heretics and ultimately overcame.
    Scrupulously researched and lucidly written, Lost Christianities is an eye-opening account of politics, power, and the clash of ideas among Christians in the decades before one group came to see its views prevail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit