Do WT Bible NWT pick and choose word meanings to suit their agenda?

by *lost* 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

they also add the word "other " where it is not in the original . They do this where where the bible says that Jesus created ALL things that were created , meaning that He is not created . They render it as He created all OTHER created things , implying that Jesus is part of creation , so created Himself . The word "other" is not in the interlinear part of their bible but is inserted in the other texts . This is really naughty, that one word completely changes the meaning of the message to make it fit with their teaching about Christ , not the bibles teaching .

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

NWT Jeremiah 25:12?“‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·de′ans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite.

When was the king of Babylon punished? 539??

Therefore, according to this scripture, when was the seventy years fulfilled? 539??

Who was the punishment for? For the king of Babylon and his nation??

What was the punishment for? For the guilt of the Babylonians??

NWT Jeremiah 29:10?“For this is what Jehovah has said, ‘In accord with the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon I shall turn my attention to YOU people, and I will establish toward YOU my good word in bringing YOU back to this place.’

NIV Jeremiah 29:10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.

So, in this case, they have picked a translation thar supports their chronology, without providing any evidence that the translation they chose is correct, while failing to comment on another passage, Jeremiah 25:12, that contradicts the WT's chosen version of Jeremiah 29:10. The NIV's translation of Jeremiah 29:10 povides no contradiction, but trashes WT chronology.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Please remember that you do not have to explain these discrepancies to your JWs.

They need to explain them to you..... preferably .... while they still think you are a trooooo believer and are still salvageable from Satan

• Fernando
    Fernando

Definitely.

Bible: faith = a wide opening of our spiritual eyes

WBTS: faith = religion = belief

Bible: apostasy = spiritual unfaithfulness toward the God of Abraham

WBTS: apostasy = dissent against the WBTS regardless of how wrong the WBTS is.

Bible: prophecy = a message

WBTS: prophecy = prediction

Bible: the Good News = a composite message, map or medicine that leads to a relationship with God and to healing

WBTS: the Good News = doctrines, and future, physical paradise on this earth (a distortion of Matt 24:14 which excises the present spiritual dimensions of the Kingdom)

• mP
    mP

ible: apostasy = spiritual unfaithfulness toward the God of Abraham

Jehovah was not the god of Abraham. -> Ex 3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit