Memorial trauma-morial!

by Julia Orwell 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am kinda surprised and confused by your reaction, but maybe that's where you're at in your healing process.

I mean, ceremonies are only meaningful if you let them be. If what they do is not meaningful to you then it's really nothing but a boring party with uncomfortable chairs and bad h'orderves.

My jw mother kinda freaked out once because a Wiccan friend of mine did a spell (or whatever it's called). I am a non-believer so why should it bother me when someone crushes up a leaf and throws it in the wind?

Who cares what rituals other people do? It has zero affect on your relationship with Jesus. But that's where you will probably be at eventually. I've been out for a long, long time.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Don't be upset. After Jesus and Apostles had the Last Supper I don't recall one time in the bible where they again met together after Jesus's death to memorialize the occasion. Suppose to be the most important event in the Christain calender, if they did it would habve been recorded. How about Paul? Where is the verse describing his celebration of Jesus's death?

• Fernando
    Fernando

At least you've had the chance to see and understand this simple truth while still inside the harlotrous beast.

We only understood some time after exiting.

I would maybe have enjoyed the opportunity of partaking so as to reject their "reject Jesus ceremony". Now I really do not want to set foot in their demonic temple again.

At any rate the symbols (wine and bread) are just shadows of greater spiritual realities. We now commune with Jesus daily - in the spirit - not the flesh.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit