Flipping out at the meeting

by BU2B 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Unfortunatley, I still go to many meetings as I am working on getting my wife to wake up. For the most part I maintain my composure but there have been two or three times when I actually have gotten so upset and the frustration built so high that I have come very come close to actually slamming something down or pounding the table in the literature room, or shouting out how I felt! Has anyone else felt this way? Has anyone heard of this actually happening? Just curious

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Has anyone else felt this way?

Not since this morning when the WT Overseer asked if any of us had any regrets in life!

George

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am sure that would happen if I ever broke my vow never to enter a Kingdom Hall again.

I feel for you.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Toward the end of my association I used to get up and leave when the BS got too deep.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ditto cupcake. Meetings became unbearable once the blinkers were off.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Oh yes, I remember the feeling well. That and coming home and curling into a ball sobbing. You can't continue to expose yourself to that turmoil longterm.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not worth it , go home and talk about your feelings at a appropriate time.

Focus on specific points such as the WTS. publishing house as god's chosen organization, thats a good one.

Cite the long list of actual evidence of commercialized fraud by this publishing house and is this what it means to be true Christian.

Many people left the WTS. because of its corruption but still wanted to maintain their Christian values and conscientiousness.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I havn't been to a kingdom Hall other then for a funeral in over 4 decades.

The last one was about ten years ago. As soon as they stopped talking about my wife's mother, all of 5 minutes, they started in with that 'JW talk voice' asking everyone to turn to a one sentence scripture, I had to get up and leave that crapy quick-built hall. My wife understood. It was an 8 hour trip to get there and we talked about her mom all the way.

• designs
    designs

St George lol

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am often fearful that someone nearby will see me roll my eyes or overhear what I "whisper" to my wife about what was said.

NOT wanting to blow my cover.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit