New Girl

by Gypsy Sam 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

From our group of about 25 jw friends that we regularly associated with, 22 have left in the past two years.

Wow! That's good news!

Welcome, Gypsy!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome to the rest of your life!

We look forward to your continued posts.

00DAD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. I see nothing preventing you from a lightning fast fade. Its nice to think you can aid others, but unless they are family, they don't hear anything more clearly than your disappearance from meetings. If it were me in your shoes, after the Memorial I would come to a Sunday meeting in late April, another in late May, then no more. Phone/text your time in for a few months then stop.

• flipper
    flipper

GYPSY SAM- Welcome to the board indeed ! Nice to have you here. I too was shocked to hear about another out of court 16 million $$$$ child abuse lawsuit settled against the WT Society in 2007 a few years after I stopped attending meetings and I was angered and apalled at how elders were instructed not to go to police but only report offenses to WT legal first. Like yourself I joined this board n 2007 and discovered a lot of injustices happening that were not revealed to me or others all the years we were Witnesses. Please know you are among friends here and we will be here as a support to you, O.K. ? Hang in there ! Take care. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

@flyingnhownow, thank you for that beautiful picture you added - goes with my beachy decor ") . Does adding the @ with someone's name let them know they were mentioned in a post?

@jgnat, thank you for adding that lovely video ")

I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you and hope I can be useful to the site. I live in Florida, so if anyone would like to meet up, please pm me. My friends are pretty scattered across the US and so is my family, which is part of the reason it has been easier to fade. We haven't turned in time since last fall and we don't seem to be missed which is a little disconcerting, but I am in a transient hall. Still, the lack of love makes you a little miffed, but being as we are females and not pioneering, there doesn't seem to much follow-up on us.

Carpe Diem!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Late to this thread, but hello and welcome.

Loz x

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome Gypsy Sam! There's plenty of love outside the JW, now your free to find it.

Im in Sydney, but my daughter is nagging me to death to go to some cheerleading thing in Disneyland, which is Florida right? If I get my act together & we go I will PM you! We could meet up, I will probably need to escape from thousands of screaming girls......

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome aboard. Glad you're here with us. I know it's a humilating experience but hang in there it will get better and easier. Let us all know how the 22 have left in the past 2 yrs and what their thoughts are. Maybe they're already here on this forum and we just don't know it yet......

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

We did a very fast fade too. For about the first month we woke up every morning saying "wow". Such a heavy weight was lifted. We weren't hounded because they thought we just needed some time to recover from the swift kick my husband had received. They really liked us and thought we'd be back and of course we used that to our benefit. When we didn't show up at the memorial they had to have figured we wouldn't be back.

WELCOME

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, Gypsy!

Picker: Disneyland is in Anaheim, California on the west coast. Walt Disney World is in Florida. There are similarities between the two, as they're both Disney parks, but on opposite ends of the U.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit