New Girl

by Gypsy Sam 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Hi,

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. I ended up here after spending the past few months researching JW, without the blinders on. I was a born-in, baptized as a teen, pioneered out of high school for a couple years (turning down a 4 year scholarship). Even though I'm now doing a pretty fast, easy fade I'm leery to post too many details about myself just yet. I'm a single parent with a teen that was already losing interest in JW world. While we became inactive last winter, we've yet to hear from the elders. Oh, except once about our time. Lol

Basically, last fall a lot of witnesses were posting on Facebook the initial news about the murder of Whitney Heinchel in Oregon. As I read the details in news reports, someone mentioned a 28 million lawsuit over child abuse that the WT lost. Shocked and thinking it couldn't be true, I started researching.

Jw facts and Cedars blog were enlightening and I lurked here for a couple months before accepting that there is no going back to the old me. I have moments where I worry about all that I've read and wasn't supposed to read (Brianna Karp, Joy Castro, Brenda Lee, James Kostelniuk). Yet, life goes on")

Carpe Diem!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome, it sounds like things are going well for you.

While we became inactive last winter, we've yet to hear from the elders. Oh, except once about our time

Isn't that just typical?

• stillin
    stillin

This is a good place to find out what's REALLY going on. Welcome.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Gypsy!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Another Smart One Out !

Welcome Gypsy Sam !

Just Lois

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

You can't unsee what you have seen can you. :)

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome! Once you know the truth about the "truth" there's no going back

• designs
    designs

Welcome Gypsy.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome !!Great to have you aboard.