How exactly did Jesus fulfill the law NOT the prophecies.

by mP 229 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

JHINE

You understand perfectly the concept of parables as relating to a general idea ., so why ask such nonsensical questions ? If I could give you a list of

names of wedding guests would you then believe the parable ?

MP:

Im not sure where you got the impression i asking for anything idiotic like the wedding guest list. Even if i did what possibly could be achieved with such a list. I was previously asking for prophecies in the OT about jesus and then you speak about this wedding. Im sorry but i couldnt figure out the point of just telling us about jesus teaching style and parables.

Please include quotes if possible just to help mortals like me match your point with the original statement.

I think you took offence that i called christian liars for lying about jesus, prophecies and text readings. I gave two very famous claims that are down right lies. If you wish to make a statement about my comments then please do.

• jhine
    jhine

mp.

lets look at your statement that God is only interested in the Jews , In Isaiah 2 :2-4 Isaiah talks about the relationship between the Jews and the nations and the Lord and the nations . In Isaiah 42:6 the Lord says that He will make the Jews a light for the Gentiles , and in Isaiah 49 :6 God talks about "I will also make you a light for the Gentiles , that you may bring my salvation the to the ends of the earth "

The Jews were always meant to introduce the rest of mankind to YHWH and make all people HIs people . Any foreigner who wished could be circumcised and worship the Lord and so come under His protection . YHWH never said that only people born as Jews could come to HIm . The plan was that the Jews would tell all nations about HIm .

• mP
    mP

Jhine:

Lets be honest and show the scroptire in full, so we can honestly see what it says.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord 's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord , to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

SO Jehovah invites everyone to visit his house. That hardly contradicts my statement that the OT has as one of its core themes tha thte jews are the chosen people.

I invite my family and the electrician to my house that doesnt mean i love my electrician.

• mP
    mP

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

MP:

This scripture again doesnt dispute my original assertion. If anything it backs it up further as it reminds us that the "jews" are an example or some sort of superiority.

• jhine
    jhine

mp. forget it , I do not know what your problem is but I hope that one day you will sort it out . YOu really do not want answers you just want to trash other people and you have your mind firmly set .

• mP
    mP

Jhine:

mp. forget it , I do not know what your problem is but I hope that one day you will sort it out . YOu really do not want answers you just want to trash other people and you have your mind firmly set .

mP:

THats utterly unfair. None of your scriptures include any of the entities you claim to be making a stttement about. All your proofs require wishy washy interpretation where you write in a new meaning that simply is not in the text. If one reads the context then its even more evident that your point of view is wrong.

Somehow if God really wished to make the point that your claiming, then he shoudl have made it clear in black and white. Are we to beelive that God cant write a simple bit of text or perhaps the truth is people like christians are lying out of their ass. Its an insult to claim that former, because if god can create the universe then he should be able to write clearly.

• jhine
    jhine

"Lying out of their ass " , point proved

• mP
    mP

Jhine:

Well its true, none of your scriptures mention Jesus by name or title and yet you claim between the words its referencing him. How is taking a text and inserting a character into it not a lie ?

Imagine i did the same to any legal document today, making claims to my benefit against people never mentioned in the document in any form.

• jhine
    jhine

what I don't understand is why you keep coming onto this site . MY husband is an atheist who says that Christians are idiots or hypocrites ( I come under the well meaning idiot class , as I'm sure your wondering , but he loves me anyway ) . NOw he does not want to believe and has no interest in talking about religion at all , so he would not dream of wasting his time on a site like this . Most of the people on this site are ex JW's or people like me who know JW's and are interested in engaging with them . This leaves me wondering why as an atheist who clearly does not want to believe , who has never been a JW or does not to want to share with JW's what your fascination about Christians is . What do you get out of asking questions only to be rude about the answers , the only thing that I am left with is that you have some personal reason for coming after Christians .

How far off the mark am I ?

• mP
    mP

@JHine

Were you reading the text accurately or making outrageous claims that are lies ?

Can you answer that question ?

I have never been rude, im just telling it like it is. You might not like my opinion but liar means one who does not tell the truth. In the context of our interactions i was giving you an appropriate label. Telling the truth is not being rude. Just because you dont share my opinions does not qualify me as rude. I would suggest that you check what rude actually means. It doesnt mean somebody who disagrees with me, therefore they are automatically rude for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit