I Didn't See That Coming

by Wholly 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, that is quite a history. I wish you the best.

"she is begging me to talk to the elders so I can get past this and serve Jehovah with my whole heart before it's too late."

You have plenty of experience with JWs already. The only thing the elders have to offer is pain and death.

• Mum
    Mum

I lived in primitive conditions in Tennessee and Kentucky when I was growing up as well. That was nothing compared to what the people in your life have done to you!

My hat's off to you for your ability to survive in impossible conditions. I hope you can get some help so you can get an education and better yourself and your prospects. It sounds like your daughter could benefit from therapy as well.

I was a JW for about 17 years, and, in the long run, it hindered me more than it helped. You are wise to see through them so quickly.

Wishing you the best,

SandraC

• whathappened
    whathappened

Wow, you are such a brave woman and have been through so much.

You are a gifted writer, you should write a longer, more detailed story and try to get it published. I think this would be a useful and meaningful human interest story anyone would be interested in.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Wholly. Your story is very heart-breaking. How is your relationship with your daughter now?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Wholly, sorry to hear about your bad start in life. But think positively, it can only get better from there. And in my experience, happiness and success are the best form of revenge. Show them that you can be happy and make a success of your life without their help and the help of so-called Christians that have no notion of what God and the Bible are all about.

• clarity
    clarity

Wholly ... wow.

>

So glad you found us ... maybe it would help your daughter

to be on here also?

>

When I read your words ......>

" serve Jehovah with my whole heart before it's too late"

>

What do you mean exactly by "too late"? Too late for what?

>

Too late and, ......... god will ..........what? Kill you??

Why would he?

>

Please think about this .... the watchtower has 'pounded' lies

into your head continually for years, It is time to really open-up

all the false doctrines & rules ...& look at them critically.

>

This organization is wrong ....on so many levels ...and is causing

delusion & dissonance in your lives.

Even when you leave the jw's, the teachings stick in your head for some time.

Such as the ......"Serve ....before it is too late" nonsense!

>

You will find help on here and many other sites JWfacts etc

All the best

clarity

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello Wholly and welcome to the board - you will find a huge amount of comfort here and strength.

You haven't had an easy life at all and have suffered immense anguish at the hands of your family and the cult. You are still going! You are still fighting. Keep at it.

I hope you and your daughter can grow closer - you may share physical space but always let her know you love and cherish her, encourage her.

A great book to help with pain and understanding it better "A New Earth" by Echart Tolle.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Welcome! The truth is in the Bible only and not in some cult. We all have experience with it, many have been messed up by it, and we can help each other. Be free of fear of Armageddon and read that Jesus came to save, not kill. I too was afraid of Armageddon, constantly begging God not to kill my brother's baby because her parents weren't JWs. It's so messed up, but thankfully it's not the message of Jesus!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome Wholly. What a very tragic story. I am sad to hear about all you have been through. I hope this forum can help you to heal from the damage of the WTBS. I look forward to your future posts.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit