Kent's Breakaways.

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Are all the people who post on Kents site anti-us now?

It seems a shame if that is definitely the case, I enjoyed the posts from those barmy Norwegians.

Englishman.

• ISP
    ISP

Why...who left?

ISP

• Francois
    Francois

I was never able to get on Kent's site. And I miss those barmy, barking Northmen, too.

BTW, Englishman, did I tell you I found this incredible British pub in Atlanta? Bangers & Mash, Fish & Chips, Sheperds Pie, Steak & Kidney pie, Spotted Dick? Pretty good. And a wide variety of beer, too.

Francois

• Amazing
    Amazing

E-Man: I have not looked at his site in a while ... but, I have no doubt that once they got past the angst they felt, that they turned to other things. I still believe that 90% of the problem was misunderstanding ... well, I did get a threat, but I think that was part of the overall emotional peak ... I don't see tham as against us, as much as they are for themselves.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• mouthy
    mouthy

Francois!!!Where in Atlanta?Oh I could die for some Bangers & mash Spotted Dick.Steak & Kidney Pie....Yummy!!!
    Let me know where.I will pay them a visit next time I go there.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I've met Norm, he's been to my home, and he's a neat person. I look forward to seeing him here and in person again. Jan is smart, but uses it to cut more than necessary, in my opion. I've known Jan from the Internet for many years, and he has presented many interesting thoughts but much of it is lost when he goes for the jugular. Kent is a one of a kind guy I would love to meet and share a few beers. I'm sure they'll post on the forum again when it warms up in Norway.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Francois & Mouthy,

Try this site: http://www.britannia.com/cooking/recipes/meat.html

Englishman.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Yes, we already miss Stormin' Norman, Jan/Yahn who never made us yawn, and Kent who is unrivaled among the Vikings of the North for his battle-axing website that tears the Watchtower walls down!

And speaking of Kent, your recommended website included this Kent Lent Tart recipe:

In the days when Lent was strictly observed, many cooks became very ingenious at thinking up new dishes to break the monotony of their abstemious diet. This recipe, sometimes called Kentish Pudding Pie, is rather like a baked cheesecake and was particularly popular in the area around Folkestone. Serves 4-6.

INGREDIENTS: Plain flour - 175 g (6 oz), Butter - 150 g (5 oz), Milk - 300 ml (* pint), Ground rice - 25 g (1 oz), Sugar - 50 g (2 oz), Eggs - 2, Lemon - 1, zest only, Grated nutmeg - * tsp, Currants - 25 g (1 oz).

COOKING: 1. Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
    2. Put the flour in a bowl and rub in 75 g (3 oz) of the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in 3-4 tablespoons water to bind the mixture together into a dough.

3. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a greased 20 cm (8 inch) fluted flan dish or tin. Bake blind for 10-15 minutes, until set. Reduce oven temperature to 190C / 375F / Gas 5.

4.Meanwhile, put the milk and rice in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.

5. When the mixture is cold, cream the remaining butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the lemon zest, nutmeg and the rice mixture. Mix thoroughly and pour into the flan case. Sprinkle the currants on top.

6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until firm to the touch and golden brown. Serve the pie warm.

Yum, yum! What you say, Ladies?!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Some people post both here and at Kent's site. Good for them. I can barely keep up with this board!!

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I post on both sites.
    I hope you don't consider me to to be an apostate for the crime of db-interfaith.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit