Bibles out of stock at Bethel?

by nochoice 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jws
    jws

I assume they're still publishing the other JW books, pamphlets, and magazines? Funny. The Bible is supposed to be the top book. God's own word. Yet that is in short supply? I think that is VERY telling.

Can't the JWs just go to their local bookstore and buy a different translation if they need a bible? I've also seen them at the local chain of used book stores. Even picked up an interlinear and a green bible, both in great shape - almost as if they were never used (hmmm...). I was going to pop in on a DC carrying a green bible.

Their bible is online and there's a jw-bible app for iphone users. Can't they get tech savvy?

I probably have to agree though with other posters. If they are coming out with a new version, it makes sense that they've stopped printing the old version and started printing the new.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I saw a site selling paperback Bibles for a few dollars each. I don't think the WTS wants to go through the bother, even if they could get a few dollars "donation?" I don't think even 'legally' they can "suggest" a donation amount, right? Printing Bibles is too much of a risk for them, money wise. Better for them to build assembly halls and kingdom halls to get their money increase.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

" Did Jehovah change his mind ? "

That old bastard is always changing his mind. Hence the erratic "new light."

Hey, that's what the WTS should call their new Bible -- The "New Light" Translation. It'll come in a loose-leaf binder. That way, as the new light wavers, dims, blinks, and weaves (as new light always does), the dubs have only to replace the defective page (for a fee) in their Bibles with the F&DS's updated knowledge (as directed by the aforementioned bastard).

Are you listening, gb/fds/new-light du jour? Here's a great idea for you. I'm giving you a gem here.

You're welcome.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The loose-leaf bible has been done. For "serious students". I doubt the WTS would cough up for the binder, though.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Love it, jgnat!

From stone tablets incised by God himself to a plastic, loose-leaf binder.

How the mighty have fallen!

• WatchTower87
  • WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

I can't Wait 17 May . . . . .

• nochoice
    nochoice

Just a little update to this, our KH just recently recieved a few foreign language bibles that were ordered. Of course anything English was still on backorder. This completely goes against the thought that some of the elders have in my KH that the Slave found an error, and stopped the presses because they are so faithful and full of integrity they're not going to insult Jehovah by printing something not 100% correct (to the current understanding).

The fact that they're letting Korean and Simplified Chinese bibles get shipped out means they're gonna use those up no problem. It also means, I think, that they're not sitting on closet full's of English bibles, holding back because they want it to be just right!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

A jw who just came back from Bethel told me that a Bethelite informed him that he will be surprised about the new Bibles. Maybe something is in the works.

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

wow, thanks straightshooter. I think that: the most important release will be next year to the International Convention. Sorry for my bad english :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit