Is God's Name Yahweh or Jehovah?

by Soldier77 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drdalet
    drdalet

It certainly is NOT Jehovah, which is a German representation of the letters YHWH, with addition of vowels that is inspired by the word "Adonai".
    So Yahweh is better, but in fact we don't know how it was originally pronounced. It is suggested that is should be YIHWEH (He exists).

God does not give himself a name. In Exodus 3:14 he said: "I am what I am". But in the next verse Exodus 3:15 he says that Moses may call him YWHW when speaking to other people. YHWH means "He exists" or "He lives". So it is not really a name but a reference. The 4 letters are Y (male), H (female) W (male) and H (female). God is also refered to as YH, which can be seen as Yin-Yang.
    God is in principe male (the letter Alpha) and uses MATTER to create (exept light which does not consist of matter). Matter (Mater, Mother) is female and is represented in the word MAYIM, which means WATER.
    If you read Genesis you will notice that before the creation two things already exist: God and the Waters. Heaven is created by dividing the "waters" (in Hebrew it is plural, because M is not a word). And the creation is done by MAKING and FORMING. The intention of making and forming is done by speaking. The reason why Genesis begins with the letter B, is because A (God) already exists and "from Alpha everything begins".
    De hebrew words for MAN and WOMAN are pronounced EESH, with an extra Y for the man and an extra H for the woman - the H is sometimes pronounced, so it becomes EESHA. In combination, for instance "his woman" the H is not pronounced (EESH-TO)
    The word for SON is BEN, in Aramaic there is a W in it, but it is not pronounced - it is an extra letter. The Hebrew word for DAUGHTER is BETH, which starts with an H, and is also an extra letter. The four extra letters in MAN, WOMAN, SON, DAUGHTER are therefore YHWH. I found an article on the internet which stated that God represented the family.
    In the Bible the word GOD is in Hebrew ELOHIM, which is a plural which means : the "forces" or the "powers". I believe that what is meant here are the forces of Nature. We call it NATURE, the BIBLE gives it the name ELOHIM and represents NATURE. In Gematria the words ELOHIM and HATEBE (nature) also have the same number: 86.
    The Hebrew people were concrete thinkers, we on the other hand think also in abstract terms, which we learned from the Greeks.
    So the question if God exists should be: does Nature have consciousness.

• *lost*
  • Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

drdalet: Welcome! enjoyed your first post.

affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit