Josephus Does Write About Jesus Christ

by villagegirl 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

It reads like a passage from the Bible to me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The oldest manuscript we have for Josephus writings is 10th Century. This then is a copy of many copies, how many mistakes, redactions, and interpolations went on we do not know. That they did go on is certain, more or less, for example Origen quotes Josephus differently from the manuscripts we have.

Textual criticism is less easy than with the N.T because of the dearth of early manuscripts.

We cannot know what was originaly written, and we do know that Josephus was only writing what he had been told, perehaps by people very similar to the writer/s of Matthew, who had their own agenda and thererfore do not record historical truth.

Josephus is nothing to get excited about for believers, it proves nothing more than we know already, that the Jesus myth was well under way by the end of the 1st Century, but then Paul, another person who had never met Jesus, had done a good job starting it off mid-century.

• Witness My Fury
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

By a clear reading of the NT looking EVIDENCE of Jesus Christ in the works attributed to Paul (written after the supposed events of the Gospels) and the Gospels themselves... you may well be unhappy with the levels of proof supplied, for me it became clear that Paul was starting a cult.

• mP
    mP

WMFury

Paul didnt know jesus one bit. Except for mention of James hte brother of the Lord and that he met Cephas, thats all he ever mentions about Jesus. NO Mary, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Pilate, Crucifiction, 12 disciples, temple incident, kid lost in temple at 12, deaths of children in judea, flight to Egypt, Lazarus miracles nothing.

I put it to you that Paul didnt know jesus, Jesus represented one of many gods back then. We can see this by way of his lack of specifics. In true RCC tradition, they adopted anyones beliefs as long as they went under their wings and accepted them as the head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit