JWgift.org - the UK's Watchtower-sponsored website that "should not be seen as the soliciting of funds in any way"...

by cedars 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Cedars, Thank you.

Outlaw, Funny as usual.

What is the difference between no collection plate being passed but expecting money out of your pocket at every meeting, CA, DC and SAD and having convenient ATM's?

More...More...Give Us Move...Obey us you stupid ignoramuses!

Just Lois

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well it seems they can't make any profits from the literature anymore as contributions for literature are falling and nobody wants to contribute for a magazine or book as electronic information takes the place of printed material more and more(save the trees).

So I would expect the WT corporation to exploit other means to turn a profit like more repeated request for donation from the rank and file along with repeated solicitations for turning over wills,and inheritances to the organization, while at the same time reminding the donators that their gift was unsolicited even though it was but they are in denial so they do a play on words to make themselves look good.

As membership decreases and kingdom hall property gets sold expect manipulation by the organization to get it in their accounts and the r&f left high and dry.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would never have believed this if I didn't see it with my own eyes. They are tastefully begging for money. It is all about the money, isn't it. Jehovah, the sovereign lord of the universe, is no longer able tp provide, I guess.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

This is more cracked than a dropped carton of eggs.

I has pained me these last few years to hear the money grubbing at assemblies and in Watchtowers, and when I heard about the credit card facilities at last year's DC I flipped in my seat. And now this.

And that pamphlet they send to old people about willing your estate to the WTS. And the WT yearly article on giving stocks! So they have stock market assets now?

This makes me sick. The churches in my local area aren't like this. Something's gone wrong really badly.

And thanks Cedars, you are cool.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Wow, Jesus!

Even though the subject has been discussed before, thank you Cedars for bringing it up, I would never have known. This is very useful to show JW friends in denial.

Alec

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$..

WatchTarded Logic

It should not be seen as the.. This should not be seen as a..

Soliciting of funds in any way. Duck in any way..

.........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

ItsYou, Welcome!!! I too have found the search function here to be a valuable tool to see if specific topics have already been discussed in length. There are indeed many treasures to be found on this site if only we take the time to look!

Yes there are many topics on this subject, and it shows how much the Watchtower loves money, real estate and other material goods. It almost makes one wonder who or what really is their God, is it Jehovah or is it Money?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good one outlaw ,the members of the GB and the writing dept.have made it quite plain the necessity of higher education .

smiddy

• itsyou
    itsyou

@cofty: "Hello itsyou welcome to JWN. You joined 4 hours ago and already you are an expert archivist."

;) thanks

@ohiocowboy: "ItsYou, Welcome!!! I too have found the search function here to be a valuable tool to see if specific topics have already been discussed in length. There are indeed many treasures to be found on this site if only we take the time to look!"

;) thanks - yeah people just don't take the time nowadays, they just can't be bothered!! :( though of course saying they can't be bothered kinda implies that they actually know how to search! And you should never presume anything....

itsyou

• cedars
    cedars

itsyou - do you have any comments about the actual subject of the thread, or are your thoughts mainly just protocol-related?!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit