question regarding humans only using a small percentage of the brain

by Matsimus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Matsimus
    Matsimus

Hello, I want to discuss with my mother about JWs saying we only use a small percentage, and that we will use the entire brain when we become perfect in the paradise. If someone could provide me with som references or quotes about this from the literature, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

Matsimus

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We have a search engine on this site... If you use it you will use a bigger part of your brain

• cofty
    cofty

I remember that being said often. Sorry I don't have a quote, I binned all of my literature long ago.

Blondie is excellent at finding references.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hehe. My brain is in a box and spread across the internet. Its really big.

S

• soontobe
  • Matsimus
    Matsimus

Thanks Soontobe :) Tried to do a search, but only found threads about brainwashing. I wont ask why.

Matsimus

• stillin
    stillin

It would have been thoughtful of Jehovah to have let us play with more of a full deck against the most powerful foe in the universe, instead of us having to grope around in such of a handicapped condition

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've heard this urban legend from the platform, but a quick search of few year's worth of Watchtowers did not come up with a quote. This is the closest I found.

Is Everlasting Life Really Possible?

13 Does this mean that there is no way to gain everlasting life? Not at all! There is a way! The structure of our marvelous brain, with its virtually unlimited capacity for learning, should convince us of this. Molecular biologist James Watson called our brain “the most complex thing we have yet discovered in our universe.” And neurologist Richard Restak said: “Nowhere in the known universe is there anything even remotely resembling it.” Why would we have a brain with the capacity for storing and assimilating virtually unlimited information and a body that is designed to function forever if we were not intended to enjoy everlasting life - Watchtower April 15, 1999 P. 6

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Most Jehovah's Witnesses only use about 1% of their brains

• smiddy
    smiddy

b.o.c. has had a brainwave their.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit