The time is near for my families crucification

by Gojira_101 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Good morning JWN-Land.

Since my parents and my husband and I have learned TTATT we have been keeping quiet, mostly. We have held off on revealing our true names, my dad has held off joining JWN and telling his story because we have been waiting for one special event. My dad talking to his mother about TTATT. Well that time is here.

Here is the story. We live in a different state than my grandmother. She used to be Catholic, converted to JW in the 70's...she is in love with the JW's and even when we lived in the same town as her, and after we left the state, she has always sacrificed us, her family, for the WTBT$. Her and I have never had any kind of relationship because she has to spend every waking moment serving the WTBT$. She is very opinionated and most of the time she can't even listen to reason....

When the WTBT$ came out with the "New Light" about when the duel-world power came into power (June 15, 2012 Study WT, starting on page 14. Thanks Blondie! I found the article from one of your posts!) The WTBT$ basically said that they came into power in 1914, so my dad and his mom were talking about this and she asked him what he thought of the new light? My dad said he had figured that out years ago, and she was dumbfounded and asked him how he knew.

My dad then says "look at history. How could the USA and Britain be allies when in 1812 Britain is burning down the White House? I've known for years the Organization has been wrong about when they came into power"

His mom had a cow!

His mom: Oh don't say that! Never say they are wrong!

Dad: But mom, THEY ARE WRONG!!!!

So this is just a example of what she is like and this was right before my parents woke up to TTATT. My dad is on the way now to her state for a job and he is going to talk to her. With her, this is going to be his only chance to try and get through to her. She will either listen or call the elders to turn him in. I'm a nervous wreck, not because I'm scared of turning us into the elders, my husband and I have already said if they call us to a JC we are not going. But I'm a wreck because a small part of me is hoping and praying she will listen. She has already expressed doubts and questioning the GB saying they are the FDS now, so I'm hoping there is enough doubt there to get through to her. The sad reality though is I know the odds are against my dad because of the strong "LOVE" she has for the WTBT$. I just wish my grandfather was still alive because he would listen and realize what the WTBT$ is really about.

If anyone can get through to her it's my dad, once he starts posting on here you will see why.

We will keep you posted and let you know the outcome, but after this there are no more ties for us and we can finally be free of the WTBT$

P.S. My grandmother has basically been shunning us already, she is so busy she can't even call us. After 3 months of not hearing from her my mom finally called her to see if she was still alive and she just laughed it off saying "I've been so busy and I'm reg Aux pioneering now....etc" So if she officially shuns us, it's no big loss!.

G

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your grandmother's happy-happy seems a little forced. I am sending positive vibes to your father.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gojira_101, Thank you for the update. Now, I'm on pins and needles too. How wonderful if your Grandma would wake up! Keep us posted.

Just Lois

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Can't wait to hear the outcome..

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you jgnat! Thank you for the positive vibes. He can use all the help he can get. I'm picturing David going against Goliath, but his mom being far worse LOL. My dad isn't scared of much, but he is of his mom. He made a comment other day. Before is mom became a JW she would read cards, I'm not sure if it was straight up Tarot cards or just regular cards and she was very good at it apparently, even after she became a JW she said she would still "see" the cards telling her thing. So my dad's comment the other day was "I don't think she ever got rid of her demon, I think she's still possessed." Not really but it was just funny because he was calling her demon possessed.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Just Lois: Sorry, I didn't mean to make you be on pins and kneedles too. I hope she will wake up too and I'm having hope she will. One thing is she HATES lying. ONe time when my dad was a teen, she just THOUGHT he was lying to her and threw a glass at his head. So he's going to approach and show her the lie the WTBT$ told about Jesus dying on a cross....if she bachs on that, he can use her hating lying against her if it comes to that.

One good thing in his favor, this entire time she has not had internet, she has avoided it like the plague. Just a few weeks ago she got internet so she can go onto JW dot org, so there is always hope she will find her way onto the "apostate" websites. She's not tech savvy, so there is hope on that too!

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I will post something as soon as I hear. He's hoping to talk to her tomorrow. So I'm hoping by tomorrow night I will know how it went.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks for the update Gojira .... I hope the best for you!

>

To be on the cusp of 'getting your wings' is huge!

>

The freedom to 'fly' and live your life openly & fully

will be amazing ....

>

all the best

clarity

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Keeping my fingers crossed for your Dad. Really hope it goes well

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Update, but not really.

So my dad said he called his mom this morning to see her while he's in town....her reply. "Oh I can't see you today (Saturday) I'm going in service...Tomorrow I have meeting, then service after, so I can't see you til 7 tomorrow night."

A while back she sent me a letter asking me why there is tension between us and I wrote her a long letter explaining everything and I told her basically that Jehovah wouldn't kill her if she missed one day of service to spend with family.....clearly my letter did nothing to reach her heart. I hate to say it but I'm suspecting she has a black heart.

I don't mind posting the letter if someone is interested :)

Hopefully my dad can talk to her this morning when he goes over to pick up some books.

Oh a bit of good news. My uncle, he was raised a JW but left around age 16 because he got in with the "wrong crowd" and did some things he's not proud of and he has said many times to us that he feels he has committed the unforgivable sin and he can never live up to "gods standards" A.K.A WT standards. My grandmother at one point when my uncle was going through some hard times she said "Well you know why your life is this terrible don't you? It's because you are not a witness" She told him that.

So my dad has been telling my uncle TTATT and he loves it! This is the first time in a long time my dad said my uncle has been giddy and laughing like a kid. I'm so happy my uncle is listening. But my uncle told my dad "If you are going too reach mom with this, you are going to have to slap her in the face with it, because you are only going to have one chance with it" Pretty much what we all have been saying.

If nothing else comes of this, at least my uncle now feels better and knows God will not kill him because he isn't a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit