A Taxi Driver Gave Me 4 Magazines This Morning

by Tempest in a Teacup 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Miraculously , the hours on his Taxi meter matched the hours entered on his time sheet. He was commended for the consistently high number of placements he reported each month but was counseled for not making any return visits.

Unfortunately he won't be recommended for microphone duty during the meeting until (Jehovah willing) some improvement is shown in this area. This will however be reviewed once again when the Circuit Overseer returns.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    It sounds like he is a pioneer and is able to count his time for the entire shift - what a gig! He will be giving the experience at the next convention.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Next they will be leaving mags in the public bath room stalls.

Come to think of it that's a good idea, some folks may actually

look at magazine instead of staring at the walls while sitting.

• steve2
    steve2

Tempest - good one! We've all been there in one way or another!

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

@James Mixon, I saw an Awake magazine in public restroom once. Was sitting displayed atop the paper towel dispenser.

Once I was walking through a mall and saw where several magazines were sitting on a table within a Christmas display.

We have always been told not to indiscriminately distribute literature. Some people will do anything to raise the numbers on their monthly fs report, even if it means cheating.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

CloseTheDoor: "I saw an awake in the public restroom", LOL.

Sorry, if I take a magazine with me in the restroom to read that's ok but to

pick up a mag in a public restroom that someone left behind that's a different story.

Who in the hell is going to take an Awake home from a public restroom.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I wonder how his employer would feel about this.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

I think it's GREAT that you got four magazines!

Four less people to get indoctrinated! Take 'em, and trash 'em! ASAP!

• carla
    carla

What would happen if you asked a jw for his whole lot of rags? Naturally you would toss them when he/she was out of sight but would a jw give you a large stack thinking you wanted to share them or would they be suspicious from the start?

If an average r & f placed their allotted amount for the month would they take it easy the rest of the month having made their 'numbers'? (I understand a pioneer is a different story)

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    What would happen if you asked a jw for his whole lot of rags? (...) would a jw give you a large stack thinking you wanted to share them or would they be suspicious from the start?

Not only will they excitedly give it to you, they'll broadcast it as a good fs experience at the hall, convention and in the yearbook:

"One person who received so and so publication liked what s/he read so much, s/he requested 100 additional copies for their school/ employees/ neighbors/ family/ friends. Brothers, isn't Jehovah blessing us? We can see his hand in this, truly he's backing the work."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit