A Taxi Driver Gave Me 4 Magazines This Morning

by Tempest in a Teacup 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

Btw, I'm sure this brother is a pioneer or pioneering at this moment. He, like many of his fellow good boys and gals are pulling a fast one on the org.

If you've been wondering how those millions of hours are made. Counting your working time as F.S. time is part of the answer.

*shaking my head*

• All for show
    All for show
    I have a relative who's elders told him he could count his drive from northern CA to southern Ca if he stopped and talked to gas station attendants when getting gas. An easy 9 hours one way. He was pioneering, working full time with a family. Yep...now he is a servant...
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is sad to see that the pressure the org puts on every witness to "perform" such "time" and "placements", makes it become like a chore....

Sounds like the scribes and pharasees who bound heavy loads onto the shoulders of the Jews hey?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just think of how much literature he's gonna put down on that timesheet and feel so proud of himself.

I think his employer should be made aware of what he's doing.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

All for show: I personally know of an elder with the same situation. Pioneer, uses his daily commute (public transportation) as daily F.S time, just because he give out publications to fellow commuters.

Just think of how much literature he's gonna put down on that timesheet and feel so proud of himself.

That's gonna land him a leadership position and loads of interviews to share his "zeal".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A Taxi Driver Gave Me 4 Magazines This Morning..

As we had reached my destination, I paid him and was getting down when he handed me something.

Then I saw it was the WT and Awake.

I just had the time to say: "Oh, okay, thank you!" before he drove off. Without uttering a single word. The whole time he never even looked at my face.

........Counted Time/Placed Magazines/Got Paid For It..

..........................Never Had To Say a Word..

...............Image result for jw.org logoImage result for small ninja logoImage result for small ninja logo

..............Image result for taxi driver taking money

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hopefully you should have some apostate literature and give it to any JW you happen to run in. It could be a small leaflet with this website on it.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    There was a story going round once about a woman claiming "pioneer" hours but no one ever saw her out in "service". Turns out she kept current mags on her desk at work and claimed all her work hours...ahh, the blatant hypocrisy of spreading Truth and Lies at the same time. Makes you proud to be a jw...never.
  • steve2
    steve2

On the matter of simply reaching out and taking whatever anyone hands you, I encourage you to wise up.

The following magic words need to automatically come from your lips whenever anyone in public or private hands you anything: "What is this?"

Wait for a verbal answer and then you are in a position to make an informed choice.

People who hand you things bank on you automatically reaching out to take it.

If you live in a city, you will have ample opportunities to practise this because shopping malls are full of salespeople "innocently" palming off to you their sales pitches. Learn to ask and then learn to say a firm, "No thank you!"

Smile and walk on, head held high. Never again mindlessley reach out and take what is offered - unless you consciously decide you actually want it.

Power to you!

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    Steve: sure! Indeed, I wondered (afterwards) why I took what he gave me. Gotta exercise caution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit