Watch Tower Corporation Listed Top Forty Revenue-Generating Companies in New York City, Reporting an Annual Revenue of About 951 Million US Dollars

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gopher>>>>>They have just enough religion, to maintain a veneer of "righteousness".

Just Lois

• steve2
    steve2

I'm bothered by this post primarily because it is based on an old report. The link takes us to a report from the year 2000 - that's 13 years ago.

Besides, how does this seeming top wealth fit in with the speculation that the organization is having a major sell-off of buildings because it's supposed to be in financial difficulties?

Relevantly, does anyone have more current information on the organization's financial status?

I'm sorry, but a report from the year 2000 is last decade's news - and hardly relevant to current discussions about the organization's financial status.

• mP
    mP

Does revelation 9:51 tell us anything important about armageddon ? Its all about the numbers right, but its not numerology ?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

S2,

Yes that was about 12 years ago, and perhaps costs of running the corporation now may be higher than annual revenue generated, (one can only guess).

Property sell offs and doubling up kindom hall use consolidations, appeals to elderly to give over properties in wills, stop printing material and going all electronic, tapping into free labor for quick builds, seems to be their new revenue generation statadgy.

I think the law is now that religious organization don't need to fill out a return. So it may not be availible I did a check and came up with nothing.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

For a 2013 comparison, I located this website:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/states/NY.html

which shows the top 50 companies in order of annual revenue in the state of New York, 42 of which are in NYC. To make this list the company needs 4.8 billion in annual revenue. Things have changed a lot in 12 years since 2001, I doubt the WT society would make any top 40 list now.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks for the reference, Lee.

the top 50 companies in order of annual revenue in the state of New York, 42 of which are in NYC. To make this list the company needs 4.8 billion in annual revenue. Things have changed a lot in 12 years since 2001, I doubt the WT society would make any top 40 list now.

The 2001 listing is still valuable because it illustrates that the WT Society's activity brings in significant revenue, even if it doesn't currently rank among the very top in NYC any more.

• steve2
    steve2
    The 2001 listing is still valuable because it illustrates that the WT Society's activity brings in significant revenue, even if it doesn't currently rank among the very top in NYC any more.

Gopher, the only value the 2001 listing has is to provide a snapshot of the WT Society's activity at that time.

It is incredibly naive to use a report from 13 years ago to conclude "the WT Society's activity brings in significant revenue".

How does such speculation fit in with the well-reasoned threads on this forum that the WT Society's financial wellbeing has taken king-size hits in recent years - as evidenced by downsizing of printing operations, branch closures and burdening local congregations with doing increased amounts of printing for local distribution?

Has anyone done a comparison of the 2001 figures with more recent ones so that this is removed from the arena of interesting speculation to evidence-based commentary?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I agree with Steve. I do not believe the branch legally has to release their financials as a charity publically. Otherwise there are plenty of astute researchers here who would be pouncing all over it. In Canada charitable organizations have to reease their numbers.

Also there are several corps set up now to move money around. It would be quite a trip down the rabbit hole. But something from 2000 doesn't tell us anything about today in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit