by Sparlock the Wizard 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• gorgia
    gorgia

Welcome Sparlock the Wizard!

gorgia

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi Sparlock and welcome.

I would love to know how you first became aware of Sparlock. Was it from the internet or the society's official dvd.

Thank you

Amelia

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Welcome Sparlok

Your current standing in the congregation and relatives in the org match almost exactly my situation. For a moment I thought I was reading my life's story.

Eden

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome sparlock, I can't believe you got that name? I thought it would have gone!

There's already another poster called Sparlock. See p.1.

We'll have to find a way to differentiate.

Welcome Sparlock the Wizard!

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Welcome STW!

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

@Quandry: I'm glad to hear you and your husband were able to get out I definitely won't be rushing anything.

@excitesinceredetermination: Best of luck on your fade too and thank you for the link, I was finally able to get a hold of a pdf of the manual I was looking for

@Amelia Ashton: Yes, I did first find out about Sparlock when I watched the DVD after coming home from the D.C. but I wasn't aware that ppl were parodying it until I stumbled upon other posts talking about it on this site.

@EdenOne: It's crazy how many are out there in the same situation(s). For a long time I felt like there weren't many others thinking what I was a couple years ago; it's nice knowing there are others that have gone through similar experiences and have come out with their head up high. Also, nice Hobbes avatar pic

Thanks everyone else for the welcome

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Conscience class is what quite a few of us view ourselves, instead of the WTBT$ 'apostates' term. Because we have not apostatized from God or Jesus. You can Google 'Conscience class' or you can go to JWSTRUGGLE.com

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, Sparlock!

I'm happy for you that you woke up at a young age! I was JW for 30 years and finally got disgusted over the rampant pedophilia and left 9 years ago.

You might enjoy reading my humorous blog about life as a JW:

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• lola-rabbit
    lola-rabbit

Welcome... and good luck in your fading process.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome STW. You are among some of the younger here. In my informal survey, I find that alot of us gex x'ers wake up around the 30 mark. With the Millenials (that is what you are), I predict it will be sooner.

Take your time. Study all you can. Don't go extreme in either direction. At some point you will need to be loyal to you. Its bad for the soul to not live with integrity. But there is a WAY to do it, so as not to lose family and loved ones. Always study with the idea of how you would explain it to others if needed.

Welcome to the board. Research some of the older deeper threads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit