Newbie here; my intro post :)

by Sparlock the Wizard 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

So, I finally decided to become a member and make my first post Not sure if I should have posted this on this section of the forum but I've seen a few “intro threads” here so I thought I'd post here.

A bit about me:

I've been lurking around the forum for quite some time (about 6 months I think). I didn't think I would reply/post too often as I would mostly read others' topics and replies so I put off making an account and making my first post until now.

I am an active MS still in the Organization along with my mother and sister. My father has never been in and I'm the only male in the family that has gotten baptized. Since my teen years, I have had doubts about the existence of God and had at times also questioned whether some of the Organization's policies are fair or are grounded on a scriptural basis. Now in my early 20s, I identify the most as an agnostic atheist and over the last year I have become quite convinced that many of the WTS's policies are not based on “Bible principles” and find some of them outright sickening. That said, I have never really attempted to talk about my concerns with my family because they are very much “in” and I doubt any reasoning will work at this point. At the moment, I am just glad that I am “out” mentally although I do feel like I'll have to play the pretend game for quite a while, at the very least until I can become more self-sufficient and can plan some sort of fade.

I've got a few questions for those that have been here for much longer:

1. I just joined about a week ago but how can I change my profile pic and edit my profile details? Is there some sort of prereq before I can change these?

2. Who moderates the forum? Or who can I contact/PM if I have any other general questions?

3. Could someone please PM me a link to the newest elder's manual? I believe it's called “Shepherd the Flock of God”...I've looked online but haven't had any luck, maybe some of you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks to all who took the time to read this. I know I didn't go into too much detail for my intro; maybe I'll post more about my experiences later but I just felt I had to introduce myself already and begin meeting all of you on here. And thank you in advance to those that can answer my questions, very much appreciated.

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Sparlock!

Good to have you here, and well done for finding the courage to post.

Im sure someone will answer your questions.

In the meantime dont rush your decisions or your fade. There are many here in similar situations.

Splash

• bsmart
    bsmart

I have heard if you register at Gravitar with the same email that you used here you are able to change the picture.

Tech forum under "Home".(near the bottom of the list).. Home is at the top of this page on the left gives all the forums for your best results... since I have never started a topic, you are ahead of me on that.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Welcome to the forum! Glad someone finally got a Sparlock reference for a user name.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Sparlock the Wizard,

Oh, oh, oh goodie! Yes! We score again! 7 1/2 million mind-controlled JW's...minus 1 good guy! Yay for us Normals! Yay!

Hi there Sparlock. I am a 63 year old born in. I woke up last year. I get so excited when someone else wakes up too. It causes my cheer leading tendencies to erupt. I can't help it. When we wake up, we become free. So, I read that you are not out of the swamp yet. But at least your mind is alive. I am so happy for you! Welcome. and 3 gold stars

Just Lois

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome Sparlock!

No need to hurry your exit. There are many that stay in and use their enlightenment to try and wake up the sleeping masses & family. Below is the link to a Youtube talk which is the FIRST recorded Conscience Class talk given in a KINGDOM HALL! That you might find interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMZH_VJs1c

Perhaps you could do the same since you are an MS. Christ will use anyone & everyone that makes themselves available.

Welcome to the forum and peace on your journey. It will be difficult at times but hang in there, we're all in this together.

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big welcome.be careful with whom you tell your find to....
    I lost family because I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914.

I was one for 25plus years would have died for the org.
    They take our minds & corrupt them. Glad you have your mind returning
    God bless

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Welcome Wizard. Awesome to have another currently serving MS join the ranks of the 'mentally diseased'. I am in fade mode also, my parents and other family are in but I am lucky to have awakened my wife with me. What general part of the world are you from?

Play it slow with your family, you might be able to make some progress with them if you do it right. I know how hard it is, you have to hold your tongue constantly when they get into the WT speak mode. I am interested to known how you still manage to do witnessing, do you think you will be able to stay an MS much longer? Do you give public talks?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

WELCOME this has been good for me hope it will be for you Gma-tired 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit