A Few Questions and Hoping for an Answer

by Gojira_101 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Since I am still fairly new to this whole "apostate thing" and have only been on JWN for about a month, I have questions for those of you who have been "out" for awhile or have been on here for a long time.

I have seen how many new people have joined since I joined, is that something that happens a lot? Having so many people sign up on here? Or is this a new thing having so many new ones come here, because of the "recent new light" from the GB, that is clearly being pulled out of the dark-side of the moon?

My other question is, are the GB getting more blatant with the "new light" and going so far from Jesus and the bible? Or have they always been like that?

I know Blondie posts article from the rags...oh sorry the mags....that reflects the "new light" the GB pull from their butts. So I know they have already said these thing. For example the recent topic on getting Holy Spirit from the GB only now. Blondie showed, the GB has said this for years ago, but now it just seems to me they are getting more bold and blatant with it. Or is it just because I have only become recently enlightened and since I'm awake now I can just "see it" now. Have they always been this bold about going against the the bible and I just didn't realize it because I was a borg?

I'd really appreciate some thoughts on this. I'm going to work now and won't be back on until tonight.

Peace out and have a great day JWN-Land!

G

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JWN, this forum, can be a revolving door. Many new ones come through. Some just pass by and some stay awhile. We all have different needs and different reactions to our own situations.

Most, but not all, of those who stay long and stay active here have a reason for that: either they were fully involved in JW practices or they left loved ones behind in some way, or something else.

While I miss them, I appreciate that many people no longer needed this forum and moved on.

There is a surge of newbies whenever something ridiculous comes out of Brooklyn: a major change in doctrine is typical.

The Governing Body does seem, in the last few years to be more geared toward making members obey anything they say and rely on their Bibles less and less. But you would be surprised to learn that even this has happened before with the JW's.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In 1951 social psychologist Solomon Asch devised an experiment to examine the extent to which pressure from other people could affect one's perceptions.

In total, about one third of the subjects who were placed in this situation went along with the clearly erroneous majority.

I believe the GB are aware that sheeple follow the majority and are deliberately testing the flock to see how far they can go.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Double post

• Ding
    Ding

The influx of newbies seems to come in spurts.

Right now, JWN is getting a lot.

It's helpful to us if newbies are willing to disclose what led them to come now as opposed to some other occasion.

I personally think the GB is circling the wagons and tightening the screws on JWs right now for several reasons:

1. Access to information on the internet is hurting the WT

2. It's obvious that Armageddon didn't come in the 20th century as expected and many JWs are becoming disillusioned

3. The Candace Conti lawsuit and publicity about pedophilia is hurting the WT significantly

4. Next year marks 100 years since 1914, which may lead a lot of JWs to doubt the organization's entire date system

5. The "anointed remnant" should be down to zero by now, but more and more people are partaking at the Memorial

• QC
    QC

new people have joined since I joined, is that something that happens a lot

There's definitely a big influx since I joined a year ago. There is definitely blowback

from the “new light” FDS is only 8 GB members. Also message from the book “Gentile

Time Reconsidered” (download here) is sinking in. There is no doubt 607BC for the fall of

Babylon is wrong. Vast amounts of Archeological artifact prove it is 587BC.

are the GB getting more blatant with the "new light"

They are feeling the heat of instant communication. People are finding out rapidly

that the JW invention is really a real-estate billions corporation built with free

publishing-house labor (Bethelites) and a free sale force (publishers). The Bible is really

window dressing.

• QC
    QC

(sorry, still figuring out formating)

>new people have joined since I joined, is that something that happens a lot

There's definitely a big influx since I joined a year ago. This is definitely blowback
    from the "new light" FDS is only 8 GB members. Also message from the book "Gentile
    Time Reconsidered" (download here) is sinking in. There is no doubt 607BC for the fall of
    Babylon is wrong. Vast amounts of Archeological artifact prove it was 587BC.

>are the GB getting more blatant with the "new light"

They are feeling the heat of instant communication. People are finding out rapidly
    that the JW invention is really a real-estate billions corporation built with free
    publishing-house labor (Bethelites) and a free sale force (publishers). The Bible is really
    window dressing.

• prologos
    prologos

blondi's, jgnat's works are excellent and shows that in the perambulations of wt doctrine /writing all kinds of "new light" already had fermented (mixed metaphor) and was published earlier. -- my favored:

Symbolic Israel tribes (Rev.7) are really the earthly Other Sheep Class. culled from Wt Aug 15 2009 page 8 par. 4; --wt 2/15 1998 page 20 par. 10.

After years of my own, just stealth-fading on beabeorean dot --- I stumbled on this great site in October 012 to get my hands/eyes on the latest news. because the

Wt shooting, and missing it's toes in the great internet duel.

So if you like "examining the scriptures daily" with a view to reality, humor, banter, comfort, safe companionship (no chaperone required). this is the place.

Peace.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Exactly Amelia, I agree. It's like they've done their big announcement about the 'new light' and are now waiting and gauging the reaction to it. They may even be test-driving this with the way they did it, on the Annual Meeting and online, instead of in a convention. That is so cowardly. It's really weird that Jesus wasn't sure who was the slave for all this time and now that he does, we don't get any explanation of how he arrived at his conclusion.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

People are constantly joining and then there is a significant number that eventually fade away. However, many of us have been here for many years.

I didn't realize until i just looked that I just passed my 10 year anniversary here !!! Wow. Thank you Simon !!!

10 years. Why am I still here you might ask?

Well, it's like the guy who goes to a psychiatrist and says, Doctor, my brother is crazy. He thinks he's a chicken. The doctor says, Well, why don't you bring him in and I will try to help him. The guy says, I would, but I need the eggs.

So in my case, I guess I need the eggs.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit