Getting over this Memorial pressure

by nativenyr23 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Will Power - your comment about the numbers game reminded me of how bothersome it was when 3 or 4 of us would take a count and the numbers were off. Do it again - or go with the count of the senior waiter, errr I mean emblem passer.

Mak
    Who this year got two visitors leaving invitations - too bad I was not at home!

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yardirf- If your a JW-I feel sorry for you. You are NOt behaving as
    Mother told you to behave- Your supposed to be sweet, kind, try to lure folks back into the Congregation. Are you NOT listening at Ministry School? Now try to be a good ( whatever you are Male or female)Remember now" a MILD word turns away wrath"So behave child....

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

boy you're quite judgemental considering you don't know SHIT about why i'm no longer in the organization.

You mention that i demonstrated that i cared nothing about principles. You have no way of knowing this as you weren't in the committee room, now were you. You didn't know that my family was one of the "exmplary" families in the congregation; that i was the "model" little girl they used in all the assemblies for dramas and shit because i was so freakin' exemplary. I did care, but i was judged unfairly by MEN who were consummed by power. i begged for forgiveness and jehovah knows the truth! But of course, the gossip would be so much better if they found dirt in such a "model" family. you show your ignorance by judging before acquiring the facts.

And regarding the dress situation...no, i wasn't jealous. See, my family had money. So i always was the little princess....but then i felt like SHIT afterwards when the other sisters daughters (who weren't as fortunate and didn't get new clothes), all gave me the cold shoulder because they assumed i was a rich snob. So see, you idiot, you couldn't have been more wrong.

And as for children and rightiousness......it's a lot of pressure to place on a small child (elementary school age). But you don't care about that....as long as my freakin' hours are in and i pushed all the magazines i could being such a "cute little girl" peddling literature! What a commodity... a cute polite small child....well taught to recite texts from the bible (parots can be taught as well). Who could refuse giving $$$ to a child.....
    freaks.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

since i didn't mention it before, my reply above was for Yadirf.

oh, and by the way...it takes a LOT MORE BALLS to break away from ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you've ever been associated with your entire life....than to follow suit simply because that's whats's expected of you from your peer group (JWs). but you'll never know what freedom really feels like because YOU have no balls. So don't talk to me about cowardice until you've taken a stand AGAINST your majority and then lived to tell about it.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

You've got "balls"? I thought you said you wore expensive dresses.

So don't talk to me about cowardice until you've taken a stand AGAINST [a] majority and then lived to tell about it.
    I've done that countless times. And am still alive, by the grace of Jehovah.

BTW, your second story contradicts your first story.

Yadirf

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Yadirf:

My story doesn't contradict itself at all. When i first got outted....I felt very alone and wanted back in - that was until I became informed by reading all the "forbidden" literature....and learning about all the little things the ORG likes to keep quiet from the RAF; and speaking of....if you're so "faithful"...what the hell are you doing here? This forum is forbidden. You're associating with known apostates....Shouldn't you be out selling magazines or something?

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

nativenyr23,

No your not alone and you have gotten some really good input so far except from one poster I don't have to mention.

I had a huge guilt trip phone call from my mom a couple of days ago.
    The thread and wonderful replies are at
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24476&site=3#309083
    Those replies may be good for you too. Check it out if you have the chance.

I learning that Francios and others are right about the boundries thing.

Ranchette

• larc
    larc

Folks,

Give no attention to Yadirf. He hasn't gone in field service in the last 25 years. I doubt if he goes to the Kingdom Hall either. He thinks he is going to survive Armageddon by talking to us.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Wow Larc, you know i didn't think of that one? Yadirf is probably counting the keystrokes and minutes for his field service report!heeheeeheehee!! And Ranchette, mom's just GREAT at the guilt trip thing? I finally spoke to my mom about an hour ago - she didn't know my ex didn't take the boys to the memorial tonight after all. So i guess grandma didn't tell her anything about our conversation earlier. So ....alls well that ends well, i guess. Mom might actually be respecting the little bit of boundary i've set. I hope so...but you're right...Francois is RIGHT ON w/the boundary thing.

LOVE ALL OF YOU. thanks.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yadirf,

Only six short years ago, I could have written every word you posted in this thread.

That's why I disassociated myself. I'm so glad to be free.

Gently Feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit