Getting my first tattoo

by akafreelife 34 Replies latest jw friends

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

Well on wednesday I am going to be getting my first tattoo. I have had this particular piece of art that I have wanted for years but was too afraid to put it to skin as it will require a great amount of detail. But I finally decided to go for it. Plus the tattoo artist is doing it for a real great price because he wants me to go showcase his work at some tattoo shows in New York, Cleveland, and Columbus. He said he thinks this will be his finest piece ever. It will look like this but will only be the lower image not the band name. But i will be incorperating the word foREVer in the wings or adding a scroll with " The Rev" in its hands. Just as a tribute to my favorite musician of all time the late Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

You will make Jehovah sad.

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

OH NOOO WHAT WILL I EVER DO IF I MAKE THE JEHOOVER SAD? LOL

• Pickler
    Pickler

This is what I like to see in tattoos, something really beautiful, hope you post pictures after!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

very cool. funny, i was thinking about doing the same thing, with a similar design. was going to start working on a design when i get some time. definitely something that is like a harbinger of doom like a grim reaper doing something, maybe drinking blood. something that encapsulates my experience as a jehovah's witness, and with the absolute monty python esque behavior of the "body of elders" co's and do's, which would be funny if people's lives weren't hanging in the balance. maybe a grim reaper drinking blood with a title that says "jehovah loves you"

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Got mine over a year ago...now that I am in control of my mind. Thinking about getting one more to complete my feelings. What I know is...how I feel now should never change as it reflects a "truism". A truism is a claim that is so obvious or self-evident as to be hardly worth mentioning.

Good for you!

Sw

• mouthy
    mouthy

I laugh when I hear some one is gett ing a Tattoo.I hope you realize when you get to MY age the flesh starts to hang.

It might not look like that when your 85.... My Dad had his girlfriends name tattooed on his arm "VIOLET"
    He didnt stay with her..... My Mum who's name was Winnifred. was quite ticked with it...But when he got old
    his skin was a sagging mess( as is mine now)& Viloet was really sagging,So my Mum was thrilled & used to say
    "Hey George show them your hanging Viloets"( revenge was sweet to her)
    Hope your Tattoo stays in shape....

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I change my mind too much from year to year about what I like and don't like , for me to ever get a tattoo. I'd say, hang a picture of what you want where you will see it every day to see if you still LOVE it after 6 months enough to want it on your body FOREVER. Know about the ink they will use, it's toxity, it's U.V. reactivity and it's reputation for lasting without fading and of course research the artist. I saw red flags when you mentioned yours wanting to use you in a show. It may be true but it sounds like flattery to me...I'm just sayin'.

I heard about a woman who got a little tattoo of a butterfly on her butt when she was young. Now at middle age the butterfly is the size of a Condor , LOL!

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I got my first tatoo last year....NO REGRETS......recently had a family blowout because one of my kids friends said tatoos were bad because Jahovuhs word said so I challenged her to show me where it says that and suddenly my house became a hotbed of hostility because I dared to question her on the subject. Unfortunately ALL JW 's are mind controlled the same way....sheesh!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Never really liked Avenged Sevenfold as a band but The Rev was awesome.

Should make for a nice looking tat. I have been thinking about getting one for a while. I guess I'm just too lazy. It would also be musical themed. The London Calling album cover. Just the outline of Joe Strummer smashing the guitar. Wouldn't be too big or flashy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit