Has a wrong disfellowshipping ever been reversed?

by lostnotfound 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• lostnotfound
    lostnotfound

Im not talking about simply being reinstated. I remember hearing a story about a brother that was disfellowshipped because of the testimony of two false witnesses. Years passed before they admitted to lying about the brother and was reinstated.

What is policy in this sort of situation? Is there any type of statement that goes past just a simple "So and so has been reisntated as one of Jehovahs witnesses" and actually clears their name of any wrong doing?

Has anyone personally seen this happen before?

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

In the mid to late 90's in the Rhode Island area, a young sister was disfellowshipped for fornication. She adamantly denied committing fornication but her belly kept growing & growing and had a baby. Yep, she was pregnant. After her being disfellowshipped, a local dentist was indicted for having sex with his female patients when they were unconscious under some medicine or chemical (sorry Im not a Doctor) and this sister was one of them.

The elders made an announcement that sister XXXXXX was never really disfellowshipped in God's eyes and that her DF status is reversed.

This happened in a Spanish Congregation. I don't know what happened to her or the baby after that. I was told this story by a pioneer couple when I was visiting.

A member here going by Bluepill2 served in the service department. Im sure he knows of many more interesting stories like these.

W.H. Conley

• tec
    tec

I think Flippers df'ing was reversed... or maybe it never quite got to the point of df'ing. You could pm him to ask him.

Peace,

tammy

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I have a friend who appealed her disfellowshipping related to her marrying or divorcing an unbeliever. I think it was a divorcing due to severe abuse. I don't remember the specifics but I know for a fact she appealed the DFing and won. I think her appeal even involved the DO at the time. In our own congregation growing up, I vaguely remember because I was young, but my sister who is 7 years older remembers vividly an appeal that was won. There was an older sister in the hall that was extremely studious and give outstanding comments at the meetings. She was very smart and it showed! We had a very bull-headed and arrogant PO who thought she was disrespecting the elders somehow and worked to get her DFed. She appealed and won and the DFing was overturned. Not that long after, the PO moved on to a different congregation. NR

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, a sister was df'd for taking two young brothers in her home overnight because of the heavy snow conditions, the sister wrote to the WT society about the situation, the WT society wrote a letter to the body of elders and told them to reverse the df'ing announcement.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Mr. Flipper's DF wasn't exactly reversed because they never DF'd him correctly to begin with. It's an interesting tale, another account of wannabe cops & lawyers needlessly messing up people's lives by meddling where they don't belong.

Barbara Anderson knows of some, but for good reasons will only speak of them in general terms ... something about having friends in high places ...

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

that is sick. can you imagine what that poor woman went through? if i had seen that situation with my own eyes i would have started a petition to end the religion immediately on that 1 basis alone. GOD IS GUIDING THINGS??? Please end this religion , please.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

and the sad thing is, they probably had that girl so brainwashed that even after the fact that they found out it was the dentist, she probably had stockholm syndrome and went right back into the org.

• AnneB
    AnneB

A divorced sister from one congregation married a divorced brother from another congregation. One elder in her hall was not convinced that her future husband was scripturally free to marry, so when he heard through the grapevine that they had gone to Las Vegas and married, he announced that both were DF'd; no JC, nothing.

It took 18 months but finally it was announced that the DF'ings were "rescinded". It was as though they were never DF'd...except for what they, their families, their friends, etc. went through during that time. The elder remained an elder. The sister was convinced that The Truth had won out and never even thought of turning away from The Org. As far as I know, both are still JW's today.

I knew the sister quite well at the time this happened; haven't seen or talked to her in several years.

• lostnotfound
    lostnotfound

Thats interesting, at least they didnt just reinstate them, but I still noticed any type of apology is absent.

Its funny, the society admits it is imperfect and makes mistakes, yet in the 120 years or so it has existed, how many outright apologies have there been for anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit