Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-03-2013 WT Study (REAL SUCCESS)

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Our CO (late 40s/early 50s) recently said that he was glad he had met his wife who derailed his plans to go to Bethel, as if he was now and Bethel they would be asking him to pack is bags along with all the other 50-year olds and where would he be??? Thankfully, he's in the Circuit Work.

So much for suggesting young people make a "career" out of Bethel. They'll bleed you dry of all your youthful energy and send you packing when you medical risks become too high (unless of course you're a member of the Writing Committee, Service Dept, Teaching Committee, or Governing Body -- they never send them old farts home).

Take notice you young JWs.

Doc

• heathen
    heathen

didn't seem to make sense to talk about solomon there and then try to convince people that material wealth is not going to make people happy but again obedience will, as I see they don't want to use the word obedience like they used to ,thanks to this board and the spying going on, probably . Solomon is a horrible example , the song of solomon is just as disgusting with all the polygamy going on there but I'm thinking since solomon was the only son left alive he was the only one that could deliver the promise of the messiah by davids house . The apostle Paul is usually contradicting himself and jesus , jesus told the little flock to sell all their worldly possesions and give gifts of mercy to the poor and there's the apostle Paul stating it's ok to keep your stuff just keep up with the preaching work . Of course according to the WTBTS the bible doesn't contradict itself so then noone better say it does, or else . should have been a gag alert there ,lol

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

About paragraph 14: Here’s an interesting quote from Professor F. Dale Bruner:

"I am deeply grateful to God for the privilege of studying and teaching what I believe with the Church is the single most important subject in the world: The gospel of Jesus Christ."

The GB and WT should take a lesson from the Professor and place more emphasis in their own publications on the single most important subject in the world….Jesus Christ! And less talk about an adulterer, fornicator, murderer, schemer and cheat…..King David!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do I detect a different shade of emphasis in this article? Not the blanket rejection of material things that we are used to

Par 14

A person’s earthly treasure may be more than just money. In a sense, it could include any of those things that Solomon wrote about that have to do with being successful in the eyes of men —prestige, fame, or power.

Par 15

Some religious leaders have preached that it is wrong to strive after success and that all effort to succeed should be stifled. Note, though, that Jesus was not condemning all such effort. Rather, he was exhorting his disciples to redirect their effort

So it is not wrong to seek money and worldly success, just put "The kingdom first"..as always....After all the flock need money to buy those ipads that the Borg want them to use in the Ministry !

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I read that a bit differently. "Could include" seemed intended to expand the reach of "earthly treasure" that a person should not be accumulating; now it's not just money, but also "prestige, fame, or power".

And in par. 15, I thought it was strange that the Society set up a ridiculous strawman before the seemingly reasonable statement by Jesus. What religious leaders have preached that "all effort to succeed should be stifled"?! Then again, I suppose if I'd actually heard of such a message, those preachers would be hypocrites, wouldn't they? ;)

But it seemed to me to be a way of saying, "Now, some people say all success is bad, but we're going to be more lenient than that and allow for some effort at success. Isn't that nice of us?" At least, that was my thought during the study.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Governing Body have become the masters of "black and white thinking"and "tremendous leaps in logic" to support thier delusions as they force and tie unrelated point together, as can be seen in this and all WTs.

Such type of thinking has got to lead to all sorts of problems it seems like they are hell bent to stay in this delusionary state, and lashing out in anger towards anyone who disagrees with them among the rank and file.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/identifying-irrational-thoughts/

Leaps in logic. Making seemingly logic-based statements, even though the process that led to the idea was missing obvious steps. Jumping to conclusions, often negative ones.

“All or nothing” thinking. Being unable to see shades of gray in everyday life can lead to major misperceptions and even despair. A person who thinks only in black-and-white terms can’t comprehend small successes. He’s either an abject failure or a complete success, never simply on his way to doing better.

Paranoia. In its extreme forms, paranoia slides into the realm of delusion. Many bipolar people experience less severe forms of paranoia because of personalizing events, catastrophizing, or making leaps in logic.

• Delusional thinking. Most of the other thought styles mentioned above are mildly delusional. Seriously delusional thinking has even less basis in reality, and can include holding persistently strange beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit